Response to "How to Handle the Most Difficult Person(s) in Your Life"

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21 7:27 PM

      Response to "How to Handle the Most Difficult Person(s) in Your Life"

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailyenlightenment.com%2Fpics%2F33.gif&t=1503119818&sig=Cv2CGjuep2SmRxnVJMJTRQ--~D

      Hello "The Daily Enlightenment",

      This was a timely piece you wrote about difficult people. I struggle with this perception of people being difficult (like we all do!) constantly - be it a spouse or more recently (as in minutes ago) an irate customer at work.

      My realization is that when I am upset by whatever the criticism is, I am believing that "message" that I am hearing. Of course the message I hear / receive is always distorted by my conditioning and experiences, etc. (which probably prevents me from hearing the real message!!).

      Mind you, in the heat of the moment, I am not usually grounded enough to see that and calm myself down. Maybe minutes later after a few breaths.

      Ahhhh......I need to sit more, I think. So much attachment and aversion - much work to be done! Thanks for your effort - always enjoy reading the TDE!

      - M