The Paradox of Fairness

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2006

      The Paradox of Fairness

      If you believe in the universal law of karma,
      life is always fair to all.
      Everyone experiences their just deserts.

      If you believe in the universal lack of karma,
      life is just as fair to all.
      Everyone experiences their unjust deserts.
      - stonepeace

      Comments :

      1.
      Paradioxically, universal unfairness would be universal fairness - because it is impartial.

      2. Whether life is fair or not, it cannot be denied that it is most kind and wise for one and all to put in the right efforts to do what is best for one and all.

      3.
      If everyone were to choose to believe life is totally unfair, and give up in despair, or start being unfair to each other, what would the world become? Such a world, that we would not like, we should not play a part in creating.

      4. If life is unfair, even the more should we uphold fairness, which will affect one and all, including you... eventually. Incidentally, that itself is karma, the moral law of cause and effect at work!

      - Shen Shi'an