Response to "Singing the Swan Songs of Samsara"

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 7:19 PM

      Response to "Singing the Swan Songs of Samsara"

      Q: After reading the above article, about - "to renounce attachment so as to seek the path to liberation and to share it when found with those we love", I try to answer the following question - Is love an "attachment" by itself?

      S: It is attachment if love is for selfish benefits only. To some extent, unenlightened love is that way - which is why we strive towards the purification of our love, to make it selfless - not for one or few beings - but for all.

      Q: After renouncing "attachment", one should not get involved with "love", or there is a risk of getting "attached" again ?

      S: Actually, after renouncing attachment, we start to love even more truly, with no conditions!

      - A TDE Reader + Shen Shi'an