Hello everyone...finally!

  • John Zentner
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2005
      Greetings Zentners!

      I am finally getting a chance to say hello to everyone
      and give you an update from this side of the
      family/world.

      First of all, I've got to thank Arturo for not only
      coming up with this idea, but actually getting it
      underway. He and i have been discussing ideas for a
      family reunion for years, but he finally got the
      momentum to make the first big step towards making it
      a reality.

      As many of you already know, I got married in May 2002
      to my sweetie, Sarah, and we are living in Berkeley,
      California. Sarah and I both work for the same
      company here in Berkeley called
      Backroads(www.backroads.com), a travel company dealing
      with worldwide active travel. For the last six years
      we have been tavelling around the world leading
      biking, hiking and multisport trips for them, and
      often we get to travel and lead these trips together.
      Within the last year I have lead trips in New Zealand,
      Norway, Vietnam, Cambodia, New Mexico and Utah and
      will be returning to Vietnam next week. This is my
      excuse for not writing earlier! All of this travel
      has also given me opportunities to visit family around
      the world. In 2001 I got to see Alena and Elie in
      Czech while working there, and this last year I had
      quick visits to New York to see Arturo and Roberto and
      to London to see Freddie and his family. I only wish
      they would send me off to Ecuador and Israel...

      Things have been changing for us recently though.
      While we love what we do, and we have been getting
      more and more travel opportunities within our company,
      we have been making efforts to settle down more.
      Sarah now has a full time position in our main office
      coordinating hiring and training new leaders, while I
      am exploring other opportunities in the Bay Area.
      This is mainly due to the coming of the newest
      Zentner, which is due to arrive in July!! We are very
      excited about our first child, and only hope it gives
      you all more reason to visit San Francisco in the
      future!!

      Lisa and her family are doing well after moving from
      Colorado to Bellingham, Washington last year. They
      have a beautiful home there and have plenty of room
      for guests too! Their children, Elsa and Liam, are
      wonderful, though I only wish I could see them more
      often...

      I would love to hear more about how everyone else in
      the family is doing and what you are all up to. I
      hope that you know that despite our infrequent
      communication you are still in our hearts and minds.
      Maybe when we settle down a little these updates will
      come more frequently.

      Love to all,
      John

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Susana Carmio
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005

        Hi John

        I am Susy from Argentina, I knew you and Lisa a long time ago arround 1968, my grandmothers last  name was Zentner too.

        With whom I am in touch is with Evelyn and Susy, and sometimes with Alena, But I have news from your family from the Strakas, because she is also my cousin.Jirka was my mother-s cpusin

        Perhaps once you came down to Argentina and we can see us again.

        You wrote that Lisa is living in Washington , my daughtetr is living in Rockville Maryland with her husband and a 8 months old baby girl, perhaps they can get in touch,

        Lots o love to all an hope to hear soon from you

        Susy

      • Alena.Heinz@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 8, 2005
          Dear Johny and Sarah,
          at this very moment we arrived from a short trip to Prague, I have not
          been at home yet but I want to congratulate you for your first baby and
          wish you all just the best for your future.
          We are often talking about you with Teresa who still remembers you.
          Love
          Alena

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2005

            Hello all,

            Little Teo was born to us on July 8 at 1:49pm.  7lbs. 14oz. 21in.
            After 29 hours of labor we realized Teo is stubborn, just like mom (and
            dad) so we had a C-section.We have been home since monday and have settled
            in fine.  Sarah is alredy on her feet and recovering well and Teo is
            happy as long as he is well fed.  He has already developed a fine ear for
            jazz, and is enjoying scaring the cat at every opportunity.  We are
            looking forward to your visits as soon now that you have good reason to
            come to San Francisco.  We recently moved so here is our contact info:

            391 45th Street

            Oakland,Ca. 94609

            510-652-7521 is our new number.
            Love to all,
            John
            PS - I'll try  to put some photos on the picture link.

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • John Zentner
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 14, 2005
            • Evelyn Falck
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 14, 2005
                My dear Johnny & Sarah:

                CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

                I am so happy for you and wish you all the best.

                May G-d bless Teo and keep him well and happy and give you both lots of
                wonderful moments always.

                He looks like a healthy big boy, no wonder poor Sarah had to go through such
                long labor, I don't understand why doctors are such sadists....they could
                have seen that she does not suffer so long...but, after the pain came the
                joy.

                Again, Mazel Tov, I am in London still, but as soon as I get to the US I
                will call.

                Love to you three.

                Evelyn

                >From: John Zentner <jzlovesjazz@...>
                >To: zentners@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [zentners] Matteo (Teo) Paul Zentner
                >Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
                >

                >Hello all,
                >

                >Little Teo was born to us on July 8 at 1:49pm. 7lbs. 14oz. 21in.
                >After 29 hours of labor we realized Teo is stubborn, just like mom (and
                >dad) so we had a C-section.We have been home since monday and have settled
                >in fine. Sarah is alredy on her feet and recovering well and Teo is
                >happy as long as he is well fed. He has already developed a fine ear for
                >jazz, and is enjoying scaring the cat at every opportunity. We are
                >looking forward to your visits as soon now that you have good reason to
                >come to San Francisco. We recently moved so here is our contact info:
                >
                >391 45th Street
                >
                >Oakland,Ca. 94609
                >
                >510-652-7521 is our new number.
                >Love to all,
                >John
                >PS - I'll try to put some photos on the picture link.

                >http://mail.yahoo.com

                MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/
              • zentners
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 14, 2005
                  What a Joy!!! congratulations on little Theo !! We are very happy as a new " Zentnercito" is born. Mazel Tov for a job well done and glad to hear Sarah is well after a really hard and long labor. Please send pictures of the baby when you can.
                  LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES
                  SUSI FRANKLIN AND FAMILY
                  Little Teo was born to us on July 8 at 1:49pm.  7lbs. 14oz. 21in.
                  After 29 hours of labor we realized Teo is stubborn, just like mom (and
                  dad) so we had a C-section.We have been home since monday and have settled
                  in fine.  Sarah is alredy on her feet and recovering well and Teo is
                  happy as long as he is well fed.  He has already developed a fine ear for
                  jazz, and is enjoying scaring the cat at every opportunity.  We are
                  looking forward to your visits as soon now that you have good reason to
                  come to San Francisco.  We recently moved so here is our contact info:

                  391 45th Street

                  Oakland,Ca. 94609

                  510-652-7521 is our new number.
                  Love to all,
                  John
                  PS - I'll try  to put some photos on the picture link.

                  Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection arou! nd
                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • zentners
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 14, 2005
                    Thank you for the lovely pictures, little Teo is an absolutely beautiful baby... (like the parents!!).
                    best regards
                    the HECHTS
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 19, 2005
                      Dear John, Sarah and Teo,
                      MAZAL TOV!!!!
                      Little Teo welcome to the world.
                      Esteban and I are extremely happy for you, we know what is like to have a
                      tiny life at home. It is a blessing.
                      Sarah, hope you recuperate soon, I went through pain and then the c-section,
                      just be careful and enjoy your baby.....time flies.
                      Now Joel and Teo have to meet !!!!
                      Love,
                      Sol, Joel and Esteban