our visit to Ecuador

  • Alena.Heinz@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2006

      Dear Zentners,

      yeasterday - after a journey of 22 hours - we came back from our visit to the Zentner-Family in Ecuador. It was wonderful to see Gerti, Evelyn and Miguel, Susi and Franklin with Esteban  +  Sol and little Joel, Sofia and Jessica. We were very lucky to  meet even Roberto who came just for two days. Unfortunately we could not meet Arturo and his wife. We met the Svoboda-family - Jana Straka and Alex Svoboda and their daughter Michele with her husband Jan Niedrau and Jans brother Mike with girl friend, and Nidraus little daughter Amelie in there new and really very stylish restaurant where we had a wonderful meal. They are not directly part of the Zentner family, but cousins of Susi Carmio, that is why I mention this here. We were talking very much about Susi Carmio and her family (Buenos Aires) as well as about her wonderful mother Jirina. I am very happy that Heinz had the pleasure to meet her in Czech several years ago.

      As Sofia went to Israel for (I think) two month, we were talking also about our Israeli relatives - Dani, Irit and the Geigers. From Susi Hecht-Zentner I heard that Jehuda is a bit better. We went  to pray in the synagogue in Quito because we do not do it here. We hope, Jehuda will improve. I remeber that Jehuda and Rut were the first relatives who met our daughter Teresa only one week after she had come to our family. We were talking a lot about Fredy in England and Johny's family.

      Our journey was  short - only two weeks, but we saw an unbelievable lot of different and very interesting things - thanks to Evelyn and Miguel where we stayed for 7 nights  and who picked us up from the airport brought us back there  in the desperate look for our suitcases which arrived two days later due to a terrible mess on the airport of Madrid. They gave us everything we needed (tooth brushes, night gawns, slippers...) and mainly the feeling of  safety and family. They drove us  one day to Otavalo, one day to Papallacta hot springs  and two days to the cloud forest near Mindo as well as to Mindo itself, where we could admire the giants of the cloud forest from the tarabita and swim in the strong current of the Nambillo waterfall. Of course we visited the true equator at  "Intinian" - Path of the sun.

      Teresa fell in love with all of them (the  "puppies") and their little puppy Chispa. She admired Gerti's sence of humour (she cannot stop laughing and repeats Gerti's sentence to Chispa: "Ich schlag dich mit dem Schal auf deinen Schädel" - I will hit you with my scarf on your skull. Thanks God, Gerti is really amazingly fresh and vivid, I hope she will go on like that. My mother will have her 90th birthday tomorrow.

      Quite different from normal tourist program but one of the most interesting was the visit to two schools where Evelyn makes a lot of work for children with risky background and poor families. I think she is doing a lot of social and very important work so I want to thank her for this enormous engagement, I think she is a good example for all of us.

      We could admire the Arenas factory of the Hechts as well as Susi's new stalk factory, almost all members of the Hecht family are working very hard. We had some bretzels for the plane, as we did not get anything to eat from Madrid to Dusseldorf. We had a big and typical ecuatorian lunch in Hechts house, after that  Susi took us for a very nice ride to the Teleferico to Pichincha, she even had an agreement with Saint Peter as the clouds cleared after we arrived there to present a gorgeous view of Quito. After that she took us to the synagogue (I hope Saint Peter had nothing against it). On Saturday the Falcks took us for an impressive visit to the Guayasamin museum where a sentence stayed in our mind:

      "I was weeping as I had no shoes until I saw a child who had no legs."

      After this Gerti invited all the family to a lovely restaurant on the Panecillo with a beautifull view.

      It was an unforgetable journey thanks to all  the Zentners in Quito.

      Best regards and wishes for the year 2006 to all Zentners all over the world

      from

      Alena, Elli, Heinz-Gerd and Teresa

    • Susana Carmio
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2006

        Dear Alena and all family

        What a nice letter you wrote , meanwhile I was readying it I feelt sosmething strange on me, I hope we can see us in july, we all are going to be together with the family, Mica Ari, litle Iara , Jenni and Abi Jose and I.

        Now we are in Calafate visiting >Jenni and her boy friend, she is going to stay in these wonderfull part of  until march, when she stard again here studyies, menawhile Abi is traveling in Nez Zeland, making a jof and vacation experience, by the moment she is piking plums, she write wonderfull mail, and is enjoying it very much.

        With Jose we left Buenos Aires the 30 of december after Pablo Straka and his daughter left BSAS. to mendoza, we had to marvellous days together with Jennife.

        Jose  and I are visitng all the south of Argentina, by car and sleeping in tent, quite an experience.

        After these short review of our life I am seeing to be all thogether in a short time, lots of love Susy

        From: "Alena.Heinz@..." <alena.heinz@...>
        To: zentners@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [zentners] our visit to Ecuador
        Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:33:03 +0100

        Dear Zentners,

[...]

        Czech glass beadCzech republic travelCzech republic accommodation
        Czech republic hotelCzech republicCzech bead

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visita MSN Latino Entretenimiento: ¡música, cine, chismes, TV y más...! Haz clic aquí
      • arturofalck
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
          Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Elli. Mit Losen Liebe von NY.

          Alena,

          Please send your mom our best wishes for her birthday.
          It sounds from your message that you had a great time in Ecuador. I'm
          sorry that we couldn't meet you there... Julia and I have been wanting
          to go to the Galapagos as well but, unfortunately, we had to go to
          Puerto Rico to attend a wedding. (Ha, ha, with beaches that nice and
          warm weather every day, I should hardly say unfortunately)... but we
          did miss a chance to see you (and my family in Ecuador).

          Fortunately, we will see them in July. I hope that we can see you
          there also... by the way. The Cruise ship still has a few cabins
          left. In fact, we managed to keep 4 more cabins in our deck reserved
          until February 3, 2006!

          NOTE: if you, Alena, or any other cousin wants to use any of those
          reservations, simply send an email to Veronica (our travel agent) at:
          Veronica Jimenez <vjimenez@...>

          I also wanted to point out that the connection between the Zentners
          and the Strakas also goes through Paul Zentner (from San Francisco).
          His mother was a Sheiter (SP?) and was a cousin of the Koppels, and
          Strakas, and is our connection to the Lachenbachers and Zimermans from
          California.

          Love,

          Arturo.

          PS: Here is a list of the cousins who have confirmed their
          reservations so far:

          Israel Irit Z
          Israel Rafi Yiftach
          -----------
          Israel Yonatan (maybe)
          -----------
          BBAA Susi H
          BBAA Jose Carmio
          -----------
          DC Micaela C
          DC Ariel
          DC Iara
          -----------
          BBAA Jennifer C
          -----------
          BBAA Abi C
          -----------
          Quito Evelyn Z
          Quito Miguel Falck
          -----------
          Quito Susi Z
          Quito Franklin Hecht
          -----------
          Quito Esteban H
          Quito Sol Paz
          Quito Joel
          -----------
          Quito Sofia H
          -----------
          Quito Jessica H
          -----------
          Quito Gerti
          -----------
          NY Arturo Falck
          NY Julia Freedson
          -----------
          NY Roberto Falck
          -----------
          WA Lisa Z
          WA Chris Balton
          WA Elsa B
          WA Liam B
          -----------
          CA John Z
          CA Sara McGee
          CA Mateo Paul
        • alena.heinz@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
            Dear Arturo, thanks for your reply I will print it and translate to
            Elli. Except for Susi Carmio nobody reacted to my email yet.
            We have a problem to come because the cruise starts two days after
            the end of Teresas school but - first of all - I will not get
            holiday, but - as I promissed in Ecuador - I will try hard to
            persuade my - not very nice - boss.
            I will let you know - or Veronica - as soon as possible.
            Love to you and all the others
            Alena

          • Sol Hecht
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
              Happy Birthday Elli !!!

              From Sol, Joel & Esteban.
              Quito, Ecuador

> [...]
              >
              >Fortunately, we will see them in July. I hope that we can see you
              >there also... by the way. The Cruise ship still has a few cabins
              >left. In fact, we managed to keep 4 more cabins in our deck reserved
              >until February 3, 2006!
              >
              >NOTE: if you, Alena, or any other cousin wants to use any of those
              >reservations, simply send an email to Veronica (our travel agent) at:
              >Veronica Jimenez <vjimenez@...>
              >

              >I also wanted to point out that the connection between the Zentners
              >and the Strakas also goes through Paul Zentner (from San Francisco).
              >His mother was a Sheiter (SP?) and was a cousin of the Koppels, and
              >Strakas, and is our connection to the Lachenbachers and Zimermans from
              >California.
              >

              >Love,
              >

              >Arturo.
              >

              >PS: Here is a list of the cousins who have confirmed their

            • Susana Carmio
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006

                Alena cuando fue el cumple de tu mami? mandale un beso enorme de mi parte, y cpon <jose nos recordamos mucho de cuando estuvimos en Praga, ya van a ser 31 años, como pasas el tiempo, no??????

                Besos para todos y espero verlos en el crucero

                From: alena.heinz@...
                To: zentners@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [zentners] Elli's Birthday
                Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:53:23 +0100

                arturofalck schrieb:
> [...]
                > Quito Sofia H
                > -----------
                > Quito Jessica H
                > -----------
                > Quito Gerti
                > -----------
                > NY Arturo Falck
                > NY Julia Freedson
                > -----------
                > NY Roberto Falck
                > -----------
                > WA Lisa Z
                > WA Chris Balton
                > WA Elsa B
                > WA Liam B
                > CA John Z
                > CA Sara McGee
                > CA Mateo Paul
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Czech glass beadCzech republic travelCzech republic accommodation
                Czech republic hotelCzech republicCzech bead

                De todo para la Mujer Latina Clic aquí