66Hello

  • Wayne
    Nov 30, 2005
      Hello All,

      Just a quick introduction of myself. I have been actively practicing
      photography for the last 7 years. I have been studying Zen and
      practicing Zen meditation on and off for over 20 years. I am swinging
      back into a time of contemplation about my life and photography. I
      was recently displaced from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina. My
      partner and I left before the storm arrived. Our apartment was
      damaged and we were allowed to go back only long enough to salvage and
      then leave again. We could only put a small number of our belongings
      in our small car. We had to leave most of our possessions behind and
      they are now lost to us. Uncertain of when and if we could go back,
      we headed west to Phoenix, AZ as we have relatives and friends here.
      We have settled here permenently. I have been able to upgrade my
      camera equipment, though I have not yet been able to replace my studio
      lights and backdrops.

      From this, we have learned the lesson that it's all just stuff. We are
      glad to be alive and safe in our new apartment. We are starting over
      and plan on taking our time and plan to have only that which is
      necessary in our lives, leaving others to deal with all the "stuff".

      I am about halfway through reading the book "The Zen of Creativity" by
      John Daido Loori. I picked up the book and upon reading it found out
      that Master Loori started out as a Photographer. It seemed just right
      that I should be looking for a way to increase my creativity and find
      the Zen wrightings of a fellow photographer.

      Well, this is an overview of who and what I am doing. I hope to get
      to know you memebers and have a good experience in this group.

      Wayne
      www.wayneyoungphoto.com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic