      From: Deborah Thoresen <dthores@...>
      Sender: zclagroundsgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:31:12 -0700
      To: <zclagroundsgroup@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: zclagroundsgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [zclagroundsgroup] ZCLA tree blessing

      However I can help; I think it is a wonderful idea.Faith-Mind

      On Aug 5, 2010, at 4:01 PM, Wendy Nakao wrote:

      Greetings, Mukei and BGG and cc: GG

      At the request of the BGG, I have been exploring a ZCLA tree blessing ceremony, which I will continue to explore with Mukei and whoever wishes to give input. The BGG studied the movement in Thailand, which began as a way to stop forest cutting and has evolved into reforestation education for villagers affected.

      Our thought to date is to have a ceremony that blesses several of the ZC trees -- such as the redwoods -- for starters. Over the coming years, others can be done. As you all know, or maybe suspect, the ZC trees have very specific histories. As part of the blessing ceremony, we are considering signs on the trees or beside them that give their histories; maybe tie a cord on the trees as a symbol of blessing, etc. Ideas welcome.

      QUESTION for Mukei & BGG: is Sunday, September 12 at 11:00 am a workable date for this ceremony? We are quite tight on possible days, but this is the first (and maybe best date) available until 2011.

      Let me know your thoughts as WW production begins soon for September/October.

      In gassho,

      Roshi

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic