CANCER NEWS FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL

  • Zahid
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2007
      A friend of mine who has received Chemotherapy and is
      now receiving Radiation at Princess Margaret Hospital
      for breast cancer phoned me today to tell me what they
      have now found about causes of breast cancer. And then
      tonight, I got the same information from another
      friend in Montreal . The person with the cancer has
      been told by the hospital to only use deodorant rather
      than an anti-perspirant. The reasons are outlined in
      the letter below. Anyway, I thought it was worth
      sharing.

      Ladies!! be aware! Gentlemen, pass this on to the
      ladies in your life!

      Sometime ago, I attended a Breast-Cancer-Awareness
      seminar. During the Q&A period, asked why the most
      common area for breast cancer was near the armpit.
      My question could not be answered at that time. The
      leading cause of breast cancer is the use of
      anti-perspirant. What? A concentration of toxins
      leads to cell mutations, a.k.a. cancer. Yes,
      ANTI-PERSPIRANT. Most of the products out there are an
      antiperspirant/deodorant combination, so go home and
      check.

      Deodorant is fine, anti-perspirant is not. Here's why:
      The human body has a few areas that it uses to purge
      toxins from the body; behind the knees, behind the
      ears, the groin area, and armpits. The toxins are
      purged in the form of perspiration. Anti-perspirant,
      as the name clearly indicates, prevents you from
      perspiring, thereby inhibiting the body from purging
      toxins from below the armpits. These toxins do not
      just magically disappear. Instead, the body deposits
      them in the lymph nodes below the arms since it cannot
      sweat them out.

      Nearly all breast cancer tumors occur in the upper
      outside quadrant of the breast area. This is precisely
      where the lymph nodes are located.

      Additionally, men are less likely (but not completely
      exempt) to develop breast cancer prompted by
      anti-perspirant usage because most of the
      anti-perspirant product is caught in their hair and is
      not directly applied to the skin. Women who apply
      anti-perspirant right after shaving increase the risk
      further because shaving causes almost imperceptible
      nicks in the skin, which give the chemicals entrance
      into the body from the armpit area.

      PLEASE pass this along to anyone you care about.

      Breast cancer is becoming frighteningly common.

      This awareness may save lives. If you are skeptical
      about these findings, I urge you to do some research
      for yourself.

      Paula Y. Chisley
      Kaiser Permanente
      Decision Support Systems