Stand with Haiti.

  • Mike Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2010
      Dear friends,

      Haiti's worst earthquake in 200 years struck yesterday, devastating the capital city, killing thousands and threatening over 3 million people in this desperately poor country.

      Haitians are urgently appealing to the world for help -- we’re already in touch with strong local organisations mobilising community-based relief efforts. Let’s send a worldwide wave of donations to the front lines, to save lives now and help people recover and rebuild. Avaaz will work partners to make sure the help reaches those who need it most. Click below to donate:

      https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_haiti

      Based on expert advice from leading humanitarian NGOs who have been working in Haiti for over 30 years, we'll offer donations to trusted local organizations, including:
      1. Honor and Respect for Bel Air, a big community-based network in Haiti’s capital Port-au-Prince, which is also supported by our friends at the respected Brazilian NGO Viva Rio
      2. Coordination Régionale des Organisations de Sud-Est (CROSE), which brings together some of the most active community groups in the South of Haiti where the earthquake struck hardest. These groups include: women's groups, schools networks and local cooperatives

      In 2008, Avaaz members donated over $2 million for Burmese monks to respond to the devastating Cyclone Nargis. Our money made an incredible difference there -- because it went directly to local people on the front lines of the aid effort.

      Times of painful tragedy can bring out the best in us by bringing people together. Let's join with the people of Haiti to help them rescue their communities from this brutal disaster -- act now at this link:

      https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_haiti

      With hope for Haiti,

      Luis, Paul, Graziela, Paula, Ricken, Pascal, Alice, Benjamin, Milena and the whole Avaaz team

      More information:

      Haiti devastated by massive earthquake (BBC):

      Thousands feared dead as major quake strikes Haiti (Reuters):
      http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUK126337392643._CH_.2420

      Deadly earthquake hits Haiti (Reuters pictures):
      http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR28T0W#a=7

      Photobucket
      E-mail: info@...
      Web: http://www.trendworldwide.com