Modellbahn museum in Switzerland

  • SecondhandMarklin.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2002
      Hi Gang,

      Last year a private individual, a very wealthy private induvidual,
      openned a huge model train museum for all scales in Southern
      Switzerland. I believe it is called the Baumgartner Gallery or
      something like that.

      Has anyone on the list visited that museum?

      Bill

      =====
      -The Smart Way to Buy & Sell Marklin-

      http://SecondhandMarklin.com - It's FAST
      http://SecondhandMarklin.com - It's FREE

      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
      http://launch.yahoo.com
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2002
        Hi Gang,

        If you're looking for a wonderful Märklin HO and Z museum as well as
        a relaxing trip throught the White mountains of New Hampshire, I
        recommend you stop in North Conway, NH and the Hartmann Model Railway
        Museum and Train Store.

        http://www.hartmannrr.com/hartman2.htm

        Roger Hartmann and his wife, Nellie, are wonderful hosts and Nellie's
        home baked goodies are available in the snack bar/restaurant that is
        part and parcel of the Train store building. You can even ride the
        1/2" gauge train outside. The museum features several operating
        layouts and Roger sells Z in the store. I'm looking forward to
        getting back to see Roger and Nellie in the Fall when the leaves
        change colour. And if you like the real thing, you can take a ride
        on the Conway Scenic Railway.

        End of commercial!!

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan
      • Jens Wimmel
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2002
          Hello Z-fans (Hi Gang)

          Here is the link to Galleria Baumgartner: http://www.gb-trains.ch/
          I want to visit the museum in the next weeks and I'll report about it.

          Greetings from Chur/Switzerland

          Jens
          Last year a private individual, a very wealthy private induvidual,
          openned a huge model train museum for all scales in Southern
          Switzerland. I believe it is called the Baumgartner Gallery or
          something like that.

          Has anyone on the list visited that museum?

          Bill

          =====
          -The Smart Way to Buy & Sell Marklin-

          http://SecondhandMarklin.com - It's FAST
          http://SecondhandMarklin.com - It's FREE

          LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
          http://launch.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Jim & Bertie
          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2002
            I will be in Minneapolis/St Paul next week. Any Z stores in the area? Is
            there a Z module group in the area?

            Jim Glass

          • Jim & Bertie
            Message 5 of 7 , May 22, 2002
              Are there NO Z scalers in the Twin Cities?

              Jim

              Message 6 of 7 , May 22, 2002
                Yes, there are Z-scalers in the Twin Cities (well, at least one...), but
                no shops I can in good conscience recommend. There USED to be good shops
                (I worked in three of them over the years, going back to Dayton's in
                downtown Minneapolis from 1973 to 1977), but virtually nothing now.
                Really. Use your time for something else. - Gary

                Jim & Bertie wrote:

                > Are there NO Z scalers in the Twin Cities?
                >
                > Jim
              • Jim & Bertie
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2002
                  Last week I found Hub Hobby Center in Richfield, MN where my money ran
                  out before the bargains did. I found a small, but choice, selection of
                  Penzee & Marklin accessories, MTL Nn3 & Z, Marklin track & trains, new &
                  used books. Ask for Ron.

                  Jim

                  Jim & Bertie wrote:

                  > Are there NO Z scalers in the Twin Cities?
                  >
                  > Jim

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1706
                  533816:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1022130936
                  %3eM=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=100023
                  9/R=1>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=1706533816:HM/A=1000239/rand=334736645>