Re: Visio Templates...

  • klwzscale
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2002
      Mark,

      A great program to layout track and see it all rendered in 3D
      including trains is 3rdPlanIt. It has all of the Marklin track
      sections built in for z scale along with being able to mix in flex
      track etc. The program is super powerful and the online support
      is the best around anywere. Fixes or enhancements are placed
      in beta version sometimes within hours of asking.

      Goto www.trackplanning.com to see it and also download a
      demo version.

      you can go to the photos link on the left and go into the klwzscale
      folder and see a couple of screen shots of my layout I am
      currenly buildng using 3rdPlanIt.

      if any questions please email back.

      Keith.
      klwzscale on yahoo
      > Does any one have, or know of where, all of the track sections,
      etc
      > are in a Visio template?

      > Mark
    • Svein-Martin Holt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2002
        I would also say a word about 3Dplanit. It's really great, I use it both for
        my Z-layout and for the local clubs H0-layout.
        You have all Marklin Z-scale trackelements and also the possibility to use
        flextrack. Full 3D and you can also run your own train on the track you have
        created. The product is also cheap(about 100$), if you think about the
        quality and number of functions in the product.
        It is also possible, as written before, to download a demoversion at this
        link: www.trackplanning.com

        Hilsen/Regards,
        Svein-Martin Holt

        Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: smholt@...
        Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
        Internet: http://expo.technocad.no/personal/sho

        A great program to layout track and see it all rendered in 3D
        including trains is 3rdPlanIt. It has all of the Marklin track
        sections built in for z scale along with being able to mix in flex
        track etc. The program is super powerful and the online support
        is the best around anywere. Fixes or enhancements are placed
        in beta version sometimes within hours of asking.

        Goto www.trackplanning.com to see it and also download a
        demo version.

        you can go to the photos link on the left and go into the klwzscale
        folder and see a couple of screen shots of my layout I am
        currenly buildng using 3rdPlanIt.

        if any questions please email back.

        Keith.
        klwzscale on yahoo
        > Does any one have, or know of where, all of the track sections,
        etc
        > are in a Visio template?

        > Mark

      • Ole Rosted
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2002
          On Sun, 5 May 2002 22:31:36 +0200, Svein-Martin Holt wrote:

          Hi,

          >I would also say a word about 3Dplanit. It's really great, I use it both for
          >my Z-layout and for the local clubs H0-layout.

          I wouldn't dream of saying anything bad about 3DPlanit. I used it
          myself. Really great software. Randy Pfeiffer is doing a great job
          keeping up with his customers desires.

          IMHO too much weight is laid on building virtual railroads, though.
          As it has been said: You can put a train on your layout and you can
          even put a virtual camera on the train and enjoy the ride as seen from
          the driver's seat! - And 3rdPlasnIt is very good for sectional track.

          For those who lay code 40 (or the like) track themselves, I would
          suggest taking Martin Wynne's Templot software at www.templot.com
          into consideration also.
          I'm no longer a member of the 3rdPlanit group, so things may have
          changed, but I do not understand the reason for making graphics for
          virtual trains, sceneries, trees etc. When it comes to real
          trackbuilding your scenery will be different anyway - so will the
          trains.

          My tools and jigs for track and turnouts are made according to
          drawings I made with Templot's assistance. Very good software,
          indeed!!

          This is NOT meant as a pro et con contrubution, I just wanted to
          point the group-member's attention to another great track planning
          software.

          regards Ole Rosted