Visio Templates...

  • RRBopper
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5 10:07 AM
      Howdy all!

      First, a quick intro....I started with Z in the 70s when my Oma and
      my Onkel sent me stuff. Then, school, job, etc forced all of it to
      go into storage. I have blown off the dust and am now setting up a
      layout in my basement.

      I am going to use one of the layouts in the old Maerklin layout book
      from the 70s (#12, to be exact). But, I would like to make a few
      modifications and additions...Don't we all....?

      Does any one have, or know of where, all of the track sections, etc
      are in a Visio template?

      If not, maybe I'll whip one up and share it here...

      Thanks in advance for any input.

      Your Fellow Z'er,

      Mark
    • klwzscale
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 12:34 PM
        Mark,

        A great program to layout track and see it all rendered in 3D
        including trains is 3rdPlanIt. It has all of the Marklin track
        sections built in for z scale along with being able to mix in flex
        track etc. The program is super powerful and the online support
        is the best around anywere. Fixes or enhancements are placed
        in beta version sometimes within hours of asking.

        Goto www.trackplanning.com to see it and also download a
        demo version.

        you can go to the photos link on the left and go into the klwzscale
        folder and see a couple of screen shots of my layout I am
        currenly buildng using 3rdPlanIt.

        if any questions please email back.

        Keith.
        klwzscale on yahoo
        > Does any one have, or know of where, all of the track sections,
        etc
        > are in a Visio template?

        > Mark
      • Svein-Martin Holt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 1:31 PM
          I would also say a word about 3Dplanit. It's really great, I use it both for
          my Z-layout and for the local clubs H0-layout.
          You have all Marklin Z-scale trackelements and also the possibility to use
          flextrack. Full 3D and you can also run your own train on the track you have
          created. The product is also cheap(about 100$), if you think about the
          quality and number of functions in the product.
          It is also possible, as written before, to download a demoversion at this
          link: www.trackplanning.com

          Hilsen/Regards,
          Svein-Martin Holt

          Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: smholt@...
          Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
          Internet: http://expo.technocad.no/personal/sho

          A great program to layout track and see it all rendered in 3D
          including trains is 3rdPlanIt. It has all of the Marklin track
          sections built in for z scale along with being able to mix in flex
          track etc. The program is super powerful and the online support
          is the best around anywere. Fixes or enhancements are placed
          in beta version sometimes within hours of asking.

          Goto www.trackplanning.com to see it and also download a
          demo version.

          you can go to the photos link on the left and go into the klwzscale
          folder and see a couple of screen shots of my layout I am
          currenly buildng using 3rdPlanIt.

          if any questions please email back.

          Keith.
          klwzscale on yahoo
          > Does any one have, or know of where, all of the track sections,
          etc
          > are in a Visio template?

          > Mark

        • Ole Rosted
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7 6:56 AM
            On Sun, 5 May 2002 22:31:36 +0200, Svein-Martin Holt wrote:

            Hi,

            >I would also say a word about 3Dplanit. It's really great, I use it both for
            >my Z-layout and for the local clubs H0-layout.

            I wouldn't dream of saying anything bad about 3DPlanit. I used it
            myself. Really great software. Randy Pfeiffer is doing a great job
            keeping up with his customers desires.

            IMHO too much weight is laid on building virtual railroads, though.
            As it has been said: You can put a train on your layout and you can
            even put a virtual camera on the train and enjoy the ride as seen from
            the driver's seat! - And 3rdPlasnIt is very good for sectional track.

            For those who lay code 40 (or the like) track themselves, I would
            suggest taking Martin Wynne's Templot software at www.templot.com
            into consideration also.
            I'm no longer a member of the 3rdPlanit group, so things may have
            changed, but I do not understand the reason for making graphics for
            virtual trains, sceneries, trees etc. When it comes to real
            trackbuilding your scenery will be different anyway - so will the
            trains.

            My tools and jigs for track and turnouts are made according to
            drawings I made with Templot's assistance. Very good software,
            indeed!!

            This is NOT meant as a pro et con contrubution, I just wanted to
            point the group-member's attention to another great track planning
            software.

            regards Ole Rosted