Re: [z_scale] Weathering rails -- another idea

  • The President
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2002
      Any picture ELF?

      Why don't we create a folder of pictures of weathered rails with different methods?

      I would like to see other Z examples since I have just weathered the visible parts of the rails of my small layout, just as an experiment for the future one, using a small brush and Tamiya acrylic paint "Hull Red".

      Unfortunately, looking at my old pictures, I realized that the definition is not sufficient to effictively perform any comparison before/after weathering but I'll try anyway.

      Ciao,

      Alex
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., "The President" <alextrov@e...> wrote:
        > Any picture ELF?
        >
        > Ciao,

        Sorry -- no photos yet. My little camera can't get close enough. I await a further development of my layout development before
        "inviting" a friend to come see it (and, "by the way, could you bring your cool little digital camera with you...."). Someday I'll have
        pictures, but not yet.

        However -- for those who can find the Sharpie nearby: it was pretty cheap, and I took a couple of small pieces of track and
        experimented to see what effect looked good to me. The following morning I walked into my office/layout room and my eys were
        immediately drawn to the copper/brassy track on the far corner of the layout. That's what did it for me.

        ELF