Re: Model Shops in London

  • bscaro
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 9:16 PM
      Apart from the famous Hamley's [?] toy shop on Regent St, and one at
      Abingdon [out near Oxford and accessible by bus from Didcot Parkway
      station] Z scale [and model trains generally] are very thin on the
      ground in London. Rents are just too expensive.

      Cheers

      Ben

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.
    • Geoff Watson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 11:58 AM
        I can vouch for the Abingdon shop, Osbournes Models, He even opens on
        Sundays and is helpful and knowledgeable.

        Rgds Geoff

        Apart from the famous Hamley's [?] toy shop on Regent St, and one at
        Abingdon [out near Oxford and accessible by bus from Didcot Parkway
        station] Z scale [and model trains generally] are very thin on the
        ground in London. Rents are just too expensive.

        Cheers

        Ben

        > > Hi All:
        > >
        > > On May 10th, I leave for a week in London, England. Does anyone
        have any
        > > suggestions on Model Train shops in London that I might stop in
        at?

        > > For that matter, any notable spots to watch the real railroads at
        work?

        > > Didcot Railway Centre, near Oxford, is fantastic for a variety of
        reasons.
        > http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/drcnews.htm
        >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Bill Kronenberger
        > > Houston
        > >

        > > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small DoseZ!
        > >

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor