Visited Rob's Switzerland Layout...

  • pasowl
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2002
      Hi folks,
      Last Saturday a couple of the Richmond Rails 2002 convention chairmen
      and some guests for a total invasion crew of 6 visited Switzerland
      here in Virginia, via an invitation to visit Rob A.'s Z scale layout.
      This layout will be going to the National Train Show in Florida in
      July and a section (see below) of it will be appearing at the
      Richmond Rails 2002 Convention in Richmond, VA the first week in June.

      The visit resulted in the hotel module chair telling Rob that instead
      of bringing just up to the 7x 20 foot section of Switzerland already
      confirmed to plan on bringing the whole layout if possible. Depending
      on what configuration is finally used I believe the entire layout as
      we saw it took about 20 x 30 feet.

      The computer controls was of immense interest to many of us and I
      have no doubt that some of us may go the same way in various forms in
      the future.

      I have started a folder (NORs) in this groups photo section and
      within it uploaded 9 images taken during our visit. Just follow the
      following at the groups site to see them... Photos > NORs > VA
      Switzerland

      BTW, These are cropped and highly compressed images for quicker
      what Rob has accomplished on his system as well as offering a few
      misc. equipment images including some narrow gauge items.

      I want to thank Rob very much for allowing us the visit and taking
      the time to inform us greatly on his layouts various features. We had
      a great lunch at the local Tavern before hand and then our "invasion"
      group hit one of the hobby shops on the way home where I am afraid to
      say some of our wallets were somewhat empty when we left. :-) All in
      all a great day thanks to another Z scaler! Thanks Rob!

      Pete Shatswell
      Night Owl Railways
      Pasowl@...
      Richmond Rails 2002 ( http://richmondrails.homestead.com )
      Publication and Door Prize chairman, Web master
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        Thanks for showing us the progress on the Swiss modules. They look
        great. I will be using one of your photos for an upcoming cover page.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey