Model Shops in London

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2002
      Hi All:

      On May 10th, I leave for a week in London, England. Does anyone have any
      suggestions on Model Train shops in London that I might stop in at?

      For that matter, any notable spots to watch the real railroads at work?

      Thanks,
      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston
    • jeremypbrandon
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., zbendtrack@a... wrote:
        > On May 10th, I leave for a week in London, England. Does anyone
        have any
        > suggestions on Model Train shops in London that I might stop in at?

        Bill, most model train shops are outside London. There is a list of
        the few left in London here:

        http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

        You should also visit Hamleys in Regent Street:

        http://www.hamleys.co.uk/

        just for the experience - see Jeffrey's description:

        > For that matter, any notable spots to watch the real railroads at
        work?

        Any mainline station, Clapham Junction ... but why spend your time in
        London looking at railways?

        Jeremy

        P.S. What about a reply? ;-)
      • Stuart Firth
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27, 2002

          http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/drcnews.htm

          > Thanks,
          > Bill Kronenberger
          > Houston

          Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.
        • bscaro
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            Apart from the famous Hamley's [?] toy shop on Regent St, and one at
            Abingdon [out near Oxford and accessible by bus from Didcot Parkway
            station] Z scale [and model trains generally] are very thin on the
            ground in London. Rents are just too expensive.

            Cheers

            Ben

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.
          • Geoff Watson
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2002
              I can vouch for the Abingdon shop, Osbournes Models, He even opens on
              Sundays and is helpful and knowledgeable.

              Rgds Geoff

              Apart from the famous Hamley's [?] toy shop on Regent St, and one at
              Abingdon [out near Oxford and accessible by bus from Didcot Parkway
              station] Z scale [and model trains generally] are very thin on the
              ground in London. Rents are just too expensive.

              Cheers

              Ben

              > > Hi All:
              > >
              > > On May 10th, I leave for a week in London, England. Does anyone
              have any
              > > suggestions on Model Train shops in London that I might stop in
              at?

              > > For that matter, any notable spots to watch the real railroads at
              work?

              > > Didcot Railway Centre, near Oxford, is fantastic for a variety of
              reasons.
              > http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/drcnews.htm
              >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Bill Kronenberger
              > > Houston
              > >

              > > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small DoseZ!
              > >

              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor