Marklin Wish List

  • danedrive
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
      I would like to see a South African Bayer-Peacock Garrett locomotive,
      some more Bavarian State Railway locomotives ( a D Xll in
      particular ) with matching KStB rolling stock and a couple of modern
      passenger train starter sets.

      I would also place an order for the Cab Forward and a Big Boy.......
    • Stuart Firth
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
        > I can only agree that a subject such as the Bayer-Peacock Garrett, UP
        > Big Boy or some such other 'dramatic' choice would do wonders to
        > magnify the prominence of 'Z' in an arena that it dominates: That of
        > recreating the juxtaposition and relationship between man-made machines
        > with their natural environment whilst maintaining a certain sense of
        > scale.

        Marklin have perennially showcased the Crocodile as its' "Jewel in the
        Crown", since the 30's, in fact.

        Perhaps the time is nigh to place stock in a new flagship?

        Perhaps the above-mentioned manufacturer will not be the one to grasp
        such an opportunity.

        I know that all those reading are well aware that there is simply
        nothing quite like seeing a string of Z-Scale passenger carriages
        negotiating the gentle curves that only Z can provide. (unless one has
        enormous reserves of space and finances to match).

        Capitalising on these advantages in the context of motive power would
        surely open some eyes, create stimulation amongst the railroad modelling
        community and expand potential markets with attendant benefits for all,
        within the hobby of which we are so fond.

        It sounds like a strategy to 'Go Big to Go Small'.

        Worthy of consideration.

        Regards,

        Stuart

      • pae94037
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
          To add my 2 cents for a wish list, I'd also love to see more
          unusual rolling stock, including rack loks and cars (yes, I have
          my eye on Freudenreich's new rack lok...), funicular railway
          components, doodlebugs, etc. Also more realistic catenary,
          more accessories, structures, figures, etc. My personal interest
          is in Swiss landscapes, but other areas would do also. And if not
          Marklin, is anyone else listening?