Strange question n.2 - US Diesel sound

  • The President
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      This is probably a weird question...

      my experience with real trains is limited in time and space.... I have never seen a real steam loco running and about diesels I have only rarely seen some italian switchers. Most part of my (child/boy) background is based on italian electric locos of the 70s-80s.
      Few days ago looking at my UP trains running I realized that I have never heard and probably never will hear a prototype F7 noise or any other famous US diesel..... also a C44 could be quite difficult... it could seem strange but it was a bad feeling... almost frustrating... :-)

      So does anyone know where I can find recorded sound of US diesels? Maybe wav or mpg files.....

      Thanks in advance,

      Alex

    • Yuji Kuwabara
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
        Hello,

        > So does anyone know where I can find recorded sound of US diesels? Maybe wav
        > or mpg files.....

        Try this excellent site:

        http://atsf.railfan.net/airhorns/

        Regards.