Time to vote!

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2002
      Hi gang,

      I'm back from Europe and I see that our best product 2001 poll
      has maxed out at 76 votes. We can do better than that! Follow
      the link below to cast your vote. It's important to show the
      manufacturers with our actions (like voting) that we support them
      and appreciate their efforts to provide us with new and better
      products.

      All the best,
      Jeffrey
    • Greg Elmassian
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2002
        Jeffrey... please take this comment as constructive....

        I did not vote... I did not see any reason to... the announcement
        as I remember it just said (paraphrasing) "hey we are having a poll"

        I did not perceive that my vote was going to do anything but to
        satisfy someone's curiosity (?sp) ....

        If the announcement of the poll was "hey guys, please vote in this
        poll, and I'm going to pester the heck out of the Z scale manufacturers
        with the results" I would have voted...

        Now, if you said this, the important point is I don't remember it..

        If this is the "standing procedure", I did not know it...

        So, my suggestion is to "sell" the reason for the poll; I think you
        would have more participation, at least my vote...

        Regards,

        Greg Elmassian

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
          Greg... please take this comment as sincerely constructive....

          I would like to know why you do not see any reason to let us know your opinion even if just for curiosity since we are a group of people readinf and talking about a hobby and not religion or political destiny.... at least so far :-)

          Is the vote for a Z product sometthing that touch the privacy or whatelse? Is not curiosity that push us to read the group emails every day?

          Since I am part of the minority that voted, happy to have a chance that someone out there could read our opionion, I would like to know better the reasons of the majority.... this could help me to understand why in my life I found out myself always on the minority part ;-)

          Ciao,

          Alex

          I'm back from Europe and I see that our best product 2001 poll
          has maxed out at 76 votes. We can do better than that! Follow
          the link below to cast your vote. It's important to show the
          manufacturers with our actions (like voting) that we support them
          and appreciate their efforts to provide us with new and better
          products.

          All the best,
          Jeffrey

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • jmac_han
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
            Hi Greg,

            The poll introduction sums up pretty well the reasoning behind
            the poll. Z_Scale members will recognize the product and the
            manufacturer who we consider provided the "Best New Product
            in 2001". It's our way of saying thank you to the people who take
            the risk (financial and otherwise) to produce our toys.

            Why would you not want to vote to show your appreciation?

            I think that you have confused this "Best of 2001" poll with the
            "wish list" poll which is the one that we conduct to "pester the
            heck out of Z manufacturers".

            Your vote is important. A poor turnout would be an
            embarassment from my point of view but also an indication that
            Z_Scale membership does not care to say "thank you" to the
            suppliers of new Z products.

            In the March-April issue, Ztrack Magazine will publish the URL to
            the poll so that subscribers may also join in on the fun.

            This is probably the 4th or 5th time that I have promoted this poll
            on Z_Scale (selling the poll as you put it) and I will continue to do
            so until the poll ends. Hope to have your vote soon.

            Cheers,
            Jeffrey

            --- In z_scale@y..., "Greg Elmassian" <greg@e...> wrote:
            > Jeffrey... please take this comment as constructive....
            >
            > I did not vote... I did not see any reason to... the announcement
            > as I remember it just said (paraphrasing) "hey we are having a
            poll"

            > I did not perceive that my vote was going to do anything but to
            > satisfy someone's curiosity (?sp) ....
            >
            > If the announcement of the poll was "hey guys, please vote in
            this
            > poll, and I'm going to pester the heck out of the Z scale
            manufacturers
            > with the results" I would have voted...
            >
            > Now, if you said this, the important point is I don't remember it..
            >
            > If this is the "standing procedure", I did not know it...
            >
            > So, my suggestion is to "sell" the reason for the poll; I think you
            > would have more participation, at least my vote...
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Greg Elmassian

          • Greg Elmassian
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2002
              Hi Jeffery...

              Yes, I may have confused the 2 polls... still do not remember that the
              wish list poll had the "pester" part in the announcement...

              would you mind sending me the original one (private email)...

              I'll read the intro again...

              by the way, haven't really gotten anything new that I thought was neat...
              still trying to find Red & Silver warbonnet MT F units, it's nice that
              Marklin made some new USA-style houses, but I sure have not found anything
              that really rocks my world... I think someone said they had trouble with the
              poll since they did not buy any new product in 2001... I kind of feel the
              same way..

              But, if it will help support the manufacturers and encourage them to do
              more...
              well, count me in..

            • davendiana
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2002
                Jeffery, I would like to participate but unfortunately the process of
                becoming a member is too complicated for this old codger. My efforts to
                correct my earlier "mistakes" at sign in, rejoin.... just gives more of the
                same oops you are not a member. I have tried to stat over but I can't
                change my e-mail address. I'm really disappointed because I wade thru
                countless pointless messages daily, deleting as I go, Then when something
                of interest pops up.............oops you are not a member. Oh well, I'll
                get one of my grand kids to straighten it out one of these days. Grandpa
                Dave.
                > The poll introduction sums up pretty well the reasoning behind
                > the poll. Z_Scale members will recognize the product and the
                > manufacturer who we consider provided the "Best New Product
                > in 2001". It's our way of saying thank you to the people who take
                > the risk (financial and otherwise) to produce our toys.
                >
                > Why would you not want to vote to show your appreciation?
                >
                > I think that you have confused this "Best of 2001" poll with the
                > "wish list" poll which is the one that we conduct to "pester the
                > heck out of Z manufacturers".
                >
                > Your vote is important. A poor turnout would be an
                > embarassment from my point of view but also an indication that
                > Z_Scale membership does not care to say "thank you" to the
                > suppliers of new Z products.
                >
                > In the March-April issue, Ztrack Magazine will publish the URL to
                > the poll so that subscribers may also join in on the fun.
                >
                > This is probably the 4th or 5th time that I have promoted this poll
                > on Z_Scale (selling the poll as you put it) and I will continue to do
                > so until the poll ends. Hope to have your vote soon.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Jeffrey
                >

                > --- In z_scale@y..., "Greg Elmassian" <greg@e...> wrote:
                > > Jeffrey... please take this comment as constructive....
                > >
                > > I did not vote... I did not see any reason to... the announcement
                > > as I remember it just said (paraphrasing) "hey we are having a
                > poll"
                > >
                > > I did not perceive that my vote was going to do anything but to
                > > satisfy someone's curiosity (?sp) ....
                > >
                > > If the announcement of the poll was "hey guys, please vote in
                > this
                > > poll, and I'm going to pester the heck out of the Z scale
                > manufacturers
                > > with the results" I would have voted...
                > >
                > > Now, if you said this, the important point is I don't remember it..
                > >
                > > If this is the "standing procedure", I did not know it...
                > >
                > > So, my suggestion is to "sell" the reason for the poll; I think you
                > > would have more participation, at least my vote...
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > Greg Elmassian

              • jmac_han
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2002
                  Hi Grandpa Dave,

                  Yes, Yahoogroups can be frustrating...that being said, I suspect
                  that your problem is related to the log-in process.

                  You are a member of Z_Scale so you don't have to reregister. If
                  you do not have access to the poll or other member only
                  functions, it is because you have not signed in. If you look at the
                  upper right hand corner of the screen (just under the Yahoo
                  banner ad), you'll see a link called "Sign In" or "Sign Out" if a
                  different user is already signed in. Look at the line just above the
                  "Z_SCale - The Z scale 1:220 Model Trains Forum". It should
                  say Welcome, davendiana. If it says Guest then you have to
                  log-in. If it says someone else's ID then you need to "Sign Out"
                  and then "Sign In" under your user ID. Whew! I have to do this
                  regularly since my wife is always logging on to other groups. ;-)

                  Click on the "Sign In" link and you'll be asked for your Yahoo ID
                  and your password. Your ID is davendiana but only you know
                  your password.

                  Once you have signed in, Yahoogroups will either display the
                  screen that you were denied access to or it will present a list of
                  your active Yahoogroups. In the latter case, click on Z_Scale and
                  you'll have access to all the functions of the group.

                  This should solve the problem, I hope anyway. As I said, you are
                  certainly a member, you probably just need to sign-in.

                  Good luck and thanks for pointing out the problem. I hope that I
                  have been of some help.

                  Cheers,
                  Jeffrey