Re: report

  • Kari Tanskanen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2000
      > I would guess we have all had
      > the same experience trying to replace coupler springs, engine wheel
      > sets, etc. It's just that the rest of us weren't brave enough to tell
      > the rest of the world about it. My hat's off to you!

      I've never seen a Microtrains coupling, but I have disassembled loco
      trucks for cleaning, and have not yet learnt how to put those
      coupling strings back. Can you suggest a trick? (Those springs do not
      seem to be absolutely necessary, though sometimes I need to use the
      Giant Magic Finger while coupling.)

      ==============================================================================Kari
      Tanskanen ktanskan@...
      http://tappi.me.tut.fi/~ktanskan/photo/z/
    • Ed Scullin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2000
        OLe and the list. A friend of mine made me a special apron for when I
        work on small stuff. It it slighty over sized, width and length, and
        has velcro on the bottom of the apron. Put the apron on, lift the
        bottom up and attach the velcro on the bottom to the opposite velcro on
        your work bench. That way if you drop something, it goes into the
        pocket formed by the apron rather than the floor. If you are working at
        the kitchen table, and the wife won't let you put velcro on the table, I
        guess you could use tape temporarily. What ever you do don't use thumb
        tacks on the wife's good furnature. :-}}
        Ed Scullin
      • Jay & Anne Greer
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2000
          Hi Ole,
          I had a good chuckle reading your letter and am glad you haven't lost your
          sense of humor! I plan to change over to MT couplers some time in the future
          when I get up enough courage to tackle the project. The Micro Mark Company
          here advertises a spring holding tool that is designed to help with just
          what you are being frustrated by right now. This is not an expensive tool
          and if you would like one and can't get it there, let me know and I will
          send one to you. The soldering iron is a good thing and well worth waiting
          for. Let me know how the track laying goes. I am going to tackle hand
          laying some soon myself. I think I will have a beer on your behalf.
          Good luck and Z you later
          Jay Greer/Wegmann