Need more:::: report

  • Bim Bousman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000
      How about a report or some good instructions on replacing the Marklin
      couplers on freight and passenger cars with MT couplers....

      I did 1/2 of an old beat-up tanker car yesterday, but I had to cut off
      the entire bottom of the old coupler. After replacing the insides, I
      made a small cover plate from thin brass and glued it on. Is there a
      better way???

      If you DO have to cut off the bottom, what is the easiest way to do it?
      With a rotary tool like a Dermel?? ( I shaved mine off with a hobby
      knife.)

      Bim B
      Honolulu

      sutfin wrote:

      > From: sutfin <sutfin@...>
      >
      > Ole,
      >
      > BRAVO!
      >
      > Great report. You have now experienced what a relaxing, quiet Sunday
      > afternoon is like in the life of a Z scale modeler. Just thinking about
      > your report gets me laughing all over again, NOT at your mishaps, but
      > with you because I've been through the same routine. Many times over.
      > Some of us are just slooooowww learners. I would guess we have all had
      > the same experience trying to replace coupler springs, engine wheel
      > sets, etc. It's just that the rest of us weren't brave enough to tell
      > the rest of the world about it. My hat's off to you!
      >
      > Terry Sutfin

      > Love. Relationships? E - Commerce!

      > CraZy 'bout Zee!
    • Jay & Anne Greer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000
        Hello all,
        Several years ago Micro Trains offered a Book on their coupler installation
        in just about any draft box or truck/body mount you could Imagine.
        Unfortunatly I am some 1300miles/2092km away from home,trains and the book.
        It has a yellow plastic cover and must be ordered from your hobby dealer or
        MT direct. I have yet to convert to MT couplers so I can't comment on their
        instructions but one of us might want to check up on it. Again, if any of
        you knows where I can obtain pictures or drawings of the Europeon hook and
        link style coupler, I have an idea that could result in a very real looking
        Z coupler.
        Cheers,
        Jay Greer/Wegmann