Re: handlaying track - method??

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4 12:57 PM
      I have some Micro Engineering code 40 rail that I will be playing with. If
      you can't find the rail, try their HOn30 track and dump the ties. A good
      source on the East Coast is Train and Troopers in Maine.
      http://www.agate.net/~trainand/index.html

      Z U lAtR
      Jeffrey

    • Bill Hoshiko
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4 5:05 PM
        I was going to build with code 55 rail. I would have hand laid all
        track. I still am not certain what to use for ties that are other than
        PC ties.

        This after noon I went to the Train Crossing in Costa Mesa but they did
        not have any code 40 rail. They do carry Micro Trains Z scale. They
        have a selection of F3's and several dozen cars. I bought a SP black
        Overnight Express box car. (I think that's what it's called)

        I called around to other train shops in Orange County but no one stocks
        any code 40 rail. Then I tried The Whistle Stop in Pasadena and they
        had a supply. I'll go this weekend to get some.

        Still no ties. I have some N scale ties so I'll use those for this
        trial.

        My daughter bought a Panasonic camcorder that can also take digital
        still photos on a disc. We will experiment with that and maybe I can
        post some pictures.

        Bill

        Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

> [...]
        > >> in this, would tell me how they do it, I would be happy.
        > >>
        > >> On http://urbaneagle.com/data/RRturnouts.html they recommend gluing
        > >> the ties to the base before soldering rail to ties.
        > >>
        > >> On www.fielder-rowe.freeserve.co.uk they build tracks in some sort of
        > >> jig as a fishbone (one rail soldered to ties) and then solder-in the
        > >> second rail in situ.
        > >>
        > >> Any other ways to do this?
        > >> Ane other links to information?
        > >>
        > >> regards Ole Rosted, Denmark
        > >>
        > >> --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------
        > >>
        > >> GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
        > >> Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.

        > >> CraZy 'bout Zee!

        > > Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple. Click Here!

        > > CraZy 'bout Zee!

        > eGroups' Valentine's Day Gift Guide - Shop Here Now:

      • Ed Scullin
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4 7:49 PM
          One thing with code 40 track. Save the small scraps. They make great
          flat car loads, in the US, the track came in 21 foot lenghts if I
          remember correctly, and they can also be strewn about the yards like
          every railroad I have ever seen.
          Ed Scullin