Re: [z_scale] z scale layouts

  • David George
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
      I use the builder foam as the base for my module layouts.I double up on
      the layers of foam and then I frame them with marine grade 3/8 inch
      plywood ( cut 3 1/2 inches wide to length, then block glued & skrewed at
      corners).
      I then cover the foam with a layer of 3/16 inch cork sheeting , bought
      from my local lumber yard. This comes in 36inch wide rolls which the yard
      will cut to any length. The cork -on-foam system provides me with a better
      overall surface on which to paint,add scenic foam,construct plaster cloth
      forms,etc., while adding another sound softening surface. It might be
      considered overkill of cork ,,but it works for me.
      David G.

      http://sports.yahoo.com