Re: [z_scale] Info on 8814 Sterling Silver 20year Steam Loco

  • FR.model@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
      "Keith Webb" <klwinternet@...> schrieb:
      >I just received in the mail today a Marklin 8814 sterling Silver Steam
      >Engine.

      The steam loco class 78 in Sterling silver (925).

      This is to certify that the housing shell of the locomotive consist of
      92,5 % Sterling silver. It was cast individually, polished affectionately
      by handcraftmanship, processed and equieped with details. Chassis, gear
      and motor are made in the well-known mini club quality. This exquisite
      locomotive was manufactured in co-operation with the company of Railex. The
      Sterling silver locomotive 8814 is manufactured in the mini club
      anniversary 1992 in limited quantity only.

      >Thank you for your help,

      Keith Webb,

      I have replaced the wrong terms. Now you can form it in correct american english.
      I hope it helps.

      Harald

      --
      FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
      Harald Freudenreich

      phone: +49 38209 49160 fax: 49161 e-mail: FR.model@... internet: www.fr-model.de
    • Helmut Paule
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
        Hallo Keith,
        I would like to help You,
        can you scan the original to me via email ?
        OR Fax 727- 576- 1695
        It would help...
        "Z" Greetings Helmut

        Address: hpaule@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2002
          --- In z_scale@y..., Keith Webb <klwinternet@h...> wrote:
          > How many of these were actually made? ...
          > What is the going amount for this engine.

          I asked the "Z-Collector" at our Club last night. He says Märklin
          NEVER discloses how many of any product they have produced,
          especially the collectibles. Also, the original price was about
          DM800, but the collectors' price dropped lower than that
          for a while due to a low take-up.

          I did a Google search (using German "silber") and found offers for
          CHF550, EUR408 and USD850.

          Hope that helps. Jeremy.