Info on 8814 Sterling Silver 20year Steam Loco

  • Keith Webb
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      I just received in the mail today a Marklin 8814 sterling Silver Steam
      Engine.

      I would like to know a little more information about this special release
      from Marklin.

      The certificate is number 200001. How many of these were actually made?
      What are the range of certificate numbers? What is the going amount for
      this engine. The engine seems to be in Mint Condition with no tarnish or
      finger-prints. The box has a few scratches which seem in line with its age
      (from 1992). The Plexiglas case and vacuum formed plastic holder have not
      scratches. Seems to contain all paper work and Warranty Certificate.

      (I am going to be taking it to my local jeweler to verify its metallurgy
      this week.)

      I would like some help in translating the German on the certificate. I have
      run it through Google¹s translator and below is the reply.

      Di Dampflokomotive dew Baureihe 78 in Sterling-Silber (925).
      Wir bestatigen, daB das Gehause der Lokomotive aus massivem
      925er-Sterling-Silber besteht.
      Es wurde einzeln gegossen, liebevoll von Hand poliert, bearbeitet und mit
      Details bestuckt.
      Fahrgestell, Getrieve und Motor sind in der bekannten mini-club-Qualitat.
      Diese exquisite Lokomotive wurde in Zusammenarbeit mit der Firma Railex
      gefertigt.
      Die Sterling-Silber-Lokomotive 8814 wird nur im mini-club-Jubilaumsjahr 1992
      in bergrenzter Stuckzahl gefertigt.

      Di Dampflokomotive dew series 78 in Sterling silver (925). We bestatigen,
      daB the Gehause of the locomotive from substantial 925ër Sterling silver
      exists. It was poured individually, polished affectionately by hand, worked
      on and bestuckt with details. Chassis, Getrieve and engine are in the
      well-known mini club Qualitat. This exquisite locomotive was manufactured
      in co-operation with the company Railex. The Sterling silver locomotive
      8814 is manufactured only in the mini club Jubilaumsjahr 1992 in bergrenzter
      stucco number.

      Thank you for your help,

      Keith Webb
      klwinternet@...
      ---

    • FR.model@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
        "Keith Webb" <klwinternet@...> schrieb:
        >I just received in the mail today a Marklin 8814 sterling Silver Steam
        >Engine.

        The steam loco class 78 in Sterling silver (925).

        This is to certify that the housing shell of the locomotive consist of
        92,5 % Sterling silver. It was cast individually, polished affectionately
        by handcraftmanship, processed and equieped with details. Chassis, gear
        and motor are made in the well-known mini club quality. This exquisite
        locomotive was manufactured in co-operation with the company of Railex. The
        Sterling silver locomotive 8814 is manufactured in the mini club
        anniversary 1992 in limited quantity only.

        >Thank you for your help,

        Keith Webb,

        I have replaced the wrong terms. Now you can form it in correct american english.
        I hope it helps.

        Harald

        --
        FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
        Harald Freudenreich

        phone: +49 38209 49160 fax: 49161 e-mail: FR.model@... internet: www.fr-model.de
      • Helmut Paule
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
          Hallo Keith,
          I would like to help You,
          can you scan the original to me via email ?
          OR Fax 727- 576- 1695
          It would help...
          "Z" Greetings Helmut

          Address: hpaule@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2002
            --- In z_scale@y..., Keith Webb <klwinternet@h...> wrote:
            > How many of these were actually made? ...
            > What is the going amount for this engine.

            I asked the "Z-Collector" at our Club last night. He says Märklin
            NEVER discloses how many of any product they have produced,
            especially the collectibles. Also, the original price was about
            DM800, but the collectors' price dropped lower than that
            for a while due to a low take-up.

            I did a Google search (using German "silber") and found offers for
            CHF550, EUR408 and USD850.

            Hope that helps. Jeremy.