Re: [z_scale] Z-shops in Virginia and Richmond convention

  • Pasowl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      In a message dated 2/28/02 11:02:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      RSmidt@... writes:

      > <<Hi Pete,
      >
      > I don't know about the Richmond area, but there are a couple of shops in
      > Northern Virginia (and a couple z-scalers). If you ever head North on
      > I-95, Trains, Etc. in Lorton,VA is just off the exit.

      Hi Randy,
      I know where that is, my folks live up that way. Prices chased me away last
      time I was there before I spent much time to look around. Actually was "tour
      guide" for a group of the RRfriends when we made a circular day long trip
      covering about 7 shops. Guess I will have to go look again and see what they
      have at least detailing wise.

      << There is also a shop in Warrenton that I can't>
      > remember the name of. It's supposed to be good, but I haven't been
      > there yet (I just started in z back in November).

      That's probably TSG hobbies (Trains, Stamps, Games). I enjoy that shop but
      only can make it there once every 4-6 months as it is just out of the way for
      me right now. I use to work in Warrenton but they had just open up when I
      took a position elsewhere, figures. Now I have an excuse to go back up again!
      :-)

      > <clipped>
      > Good Luck,
      > Randy Smidt
      >
      > P.S. - Give us some information on your Richmond Show that you are
      > working on.

      Randy,
      Thanks for the suggestions. The Richmond Rails 2002 convention web site is
      at:
      <A HREF="http://richmondrails.homestead.com/">Richmond Rails 2002</A> http://richmondrails.homestead.com
      Hope you all check it out. I haven't told anyone yet that there was a chance
      I might have something in Z scale as it's going to be a tight schedule to do
      it but I'm hoping as I would love to see the public around here introduced to
      all scales. I will put it on the web site when I can be confident that some
      kind of display will be there.
      Take it easy,
      Pete Shatswell
      Night Owl Railways

    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2002
        Hi Pete,

        Let's hope that you succeed in producing a Z display for the
        Richmond show. In the meantime I suggest that you invite fellow
        Z scalers within driving distance to your event to consider
        displaying their work. This is a good opportunity for you to meet
        with fellow members and to create a bigger impact with the
        public. I have heard somewhere that there is strength in
        numbers!

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan