Erie this sunday?

  • Ashley Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hello, all.

      As I've never been to a train show, the mention of one in Erie, PA this
      Sunday on r.m.railroad caught my attention. Do any of you know if there
      is any chance that any Z people/vendors will be there?

      Even if not, I might go up just to see what it's all about (and maybe
      get some ideas from the bigger scales.) Thanks for any news.

      -awc
    • bartabbey
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., Ashley Campbell <awc2@m...> wrote:
        > Hello, all.
        >
        > As I've never been to a train show, the mention of one in Erie, PA this
        > Sunday on r.m.railroad caught my attention. Do any of you know if there
        > is any chance that any Z people/vendors will be there?
        >
        > Even if not, I might go up just to see what it's all about (and maybe
        > get some ideas from the bigger scales.) Thanks for any news.
        >
        > -awc

        Hi,

        There will not likely be any Z at the show this weekend although you never know. What I do know is that the Val Ease Central is scheduled to be in Erie, PA next June 22-23 at the Great American Train Show (GATS) at the Erie Centre. See http://www.gats.com for more details.

        Hope you can join me then.

        In the meantime definitely go to the show. I enjoy seeing the scenes that other modelers have created. Train shows are fun escapes from real life so indulge yourself.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan
      • Ashley Campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
          On Friday, March 1, 2002, at 10:58 PM, bartabbey wrote:

          > There will not likely be any Z at the show this weekend although you
          > never know. What I do know is that the Val Ease Central is scheduled
          > to be in Erie, PA next June 22-23 at the Great American Train Show
          > (GATS) at the Erie Centre. See http://www.gats.com for more details.

          If I'm in PA, I'll definitely be there. I've wanted to see the Val Ease
          in person for some time now.

          > In the meantime definitely go to the show. I enjoy seeing the scenes
          > that other modelers have created. Train shows are fun escapes from
          > real life so indulge yourself.

          I'm looking forward to it -- I'll even be dragging my two non-railfan
          roommates. My increased interest has had some really heartwarming
          results. Periodically one or the other of them will pop in and ask a
          random question about catenary or how much of a grade model trains can
          handle compared to prototypes and if larger scales are any different.
          When they tag along to the hobby shop, they invariably comment on how
          huge HO seems. It's quite charming.

          -awc