Re: [z_scale] Figures and Non-Z scale items

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 6:00 AM
      Nel, Ole, Yuki, <long list of Zer's names deleted>, and myself:

      > BTW, If you get confuse and need clarification on a term or two, etc.
      > concerning your digital camera send me a note directly and I would be glad
      > to try to help explain if I can.

      All of us need to ask all our digital camera questions off-list to Pete now,
      he's volunteered. <smile> May his email inbox rest in peace some day. <grin>

      Seriously, thanks for the offer. Its one of the 40 needed skills in Z:
      macro-photography.

      Bill K.
      Houston
    • Ell Geib
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5 9:34 AM

        >Now that I have a nice new 3.5 megapixel digital camera with a 112 page
        >manual, I need something to force me to figure out how to use the 2,381
        >options it seems to have. I've already figured how to get it to focus under
        >1 inch, but I still have 80 more pages of manual to read. <smile>
        >
        >SNIP
        >
        >So, I'm off to start the list, pictures and sources. After I read 80 more
        >pages of the camera manual.
        >
        >Thanks for the encouragement.
        >Bill Kronenberger
        >Houston

        What kind of camera did you get?

        Ell Geib
      • Ell Geib
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5 9:37 AM
          >SNIP
          >
          >BTW, If you get confuse and need clarification on a term or two, etc.
          >concerning your digital camera send me a note directly and I would be glad to
          >try to help explain if I can. I host a monthly digital camera SIG here in
          >town and will be doing a very simple digital photography clinic at the
          >upcoming railroad convention (if I ever have time to get out and shoot some
          >rail related pictures). Love that digital capability!
          >Later,
          >Pete Shatswell
          >Night Owl Railways
          >Pasowl@...

          Are you referring to the NMRA annual convention?

          Ell Geib
        • Pasowl@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5 4:59 PM
            In a message dated 3/5/02 6:12:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, geib@...
            writes:

            > Are you referring to the NMRA annual convention?
            >
            > Ell Geib

            Not National, Richmond Rails 2002 Mid eastern region convention in June. <A HREF="http://richmondrails.homestead.com/">
            Richmond Rails 2002</A> http://richmondrails.homestead.com
            Later,
            Pete Shatswell
            Night Owl Railways

          • zbendtrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6 6:06 AM
              Ell

              > What kind of camera did you get?

              Casio QV-3000EX and a hard drive to go in it.

              It had what I was looking for (glass lens, macro, depth of field, etc.) at a
              price I could afford. No complaints so far.

              Regards,
              Bill K.