Re: [z_scale] Figures and Non-Z scale items

  • Pasowl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
      In a message dated 3/1/02 12:16:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      zbendtrack@... writes:

      > Both of you have motivated me to work to get "round2it" on a Non-Z items
      > illustrated list.
      >
      > Now that I have a nice new 3.5 megapixel digital camera with a 112 page
      > manual, I need something to force me to figure out how to use the 2,381
      > options it seems to have. I've already figured how to get it to focus
      > under
      > 1 inch, but I still have 80 more pages of manual to read. <smile>

      Bill,
      Non-Z item list sounds like a great project.

      BTW, If you get confuse and need clarification on a term or two, etc.
      concerning your digital camera send me a note directly and I would be glad to
      try to help explain if I can. I host a monthly digital camera SIG here in
      town and will be doing a very simple digital photography clinic at the
      upcoming railroad convention (if I ever have time to get out and shoot some
      rail related pictures). Love that digital capability!
      Later,
      Pete Shatswell
      Night Owl Railways
      Pasowl@...

    • zbendtrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
        Nel, Ole, Yuki, <long list of Zer's names deleted>, and myself:

        > BTW, If you get confuse and need clarification on a term or two, etc.
        > concerning your digital camera send me a note directly and I would be glad
        > to try to help explain if I can.

        All of us need to ask all our digital camera questions off-list to Pete now,
        he's volunteered. <smile> May his email inbox rest in peace some day. <grin>

        Seriously, thanks for the offer. Its one of the 40 needed skills in Z:
        macro-photography.

        Bill K.
        Houston
      • Ell Geib
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2002

          >Now that I have a nice new 3.5 megapixel digital camera with a 112 page
          >manual, I need something to force me to figure out how to use the 2,381
          >options it seems to have. I've already figured how to get it to focus under
          >1 inch, but I still have 80 more pages of manual to read. <smile>
          >
          >SNIP
          >
          >So, I'm off to start the list, pictures and sources. After I read 80 more
          >pages of the camera manual.
          >
          >Thanks for the encouragement.
          >Bill Kronenberger
          >Houston

          What kind of camera did you get?

          Ell Geib
        • Ell Geib
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2002
            >SNIP
            >
            >BTW, If you get confuse and need clarification on a term or two, etc.
            >concerning your digital camera send me a note directly and I would be glad to
            >try to help explain if I can. I host a monthly digital camera SIG here in
            >town and will be doing a very simple digital photography clinic at the
            >upcoming railroad convention (if I ever have time to get out and shoot some
            >rail related pictures). Love that digital capability!
            >Later,
            >Pete Shatswell
            >Night Owl Railways
            >Pasowl@...

            Are you referring to the NMRA annual convention?

            Ell Geib
          • Pasowl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2002
              In a message dated 3/5/02 6:12:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, geib@...
              writes:

              > Are you referring to the NMRA annual convention?
              >
              > Ell Geib

              Not National, Richmond Rails 2002 Mid eastern region convention in June. <A HREF="http://richmondrails.homestead.com/">
              Richmond Rails 2002</A> http://richmondrails.homestead.com
              Later,
              Pete Shatswell
              Night Owl Railways

            • zbendtrack@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 6, 2002
                Ell

                > What kind of camera did you get?

                Casio QV-3000EX and a hard drive to go in it.

                It had what I was looking for (glass lens, macro, depth of field, etc.) at a
                price I could afford. No complaints so far.

                Regards,
                Bill K.