modern 3 level autorack scratchbuilding

  • ddechamp71
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2002
      Hi Z folks. As I was reading a french modelrailroading magazine
      (showing an easy way to scratchbuild rolling stock using wood and
      paperboard)it came me an idea. I would like to scratchbuild some
      modern 3 level autoracks, with the following way:
      -first I should cut a piece of wood with the appropriate shape and
      dimensions.
      -2 I should dig 2 small holes at the appropriate place on each end to
      fit a Micro-Trains rollerbearing truck, and a MT coupler.
      -3 I should cover this "body" with an appropriate paperboard cover,
      fitting the right drawings and paintsheme.

      So I have 2 questions: do anyone here know where I could find a
      schematic showing this type of car, with length, height, widness,
      lenght between trucks, drawings, etc....Maybe ModelRailroader or a
      magazine like this has a former issue speaking about it....
      And on the other hand, are there any available Z scale decals of the
      main present american railroad (prefered:
      UP,SP,ATSF,BNSF,BN,CSX,NS,CP,CN,C&NW,L&N).
      Thanks for any information!
      Cheers