Re: Z scale of the ''Evolution of a N Gauge - 3' x 5' Layout for the absolute beginn

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2002
      --- In z_scale@y..., "dufoca" <dufault.michel@u...> wrote:
      > Does somebody knows if it is possible (or have tried to) convert
      > the ''Evolution of a N Gauge - 3' x 5' Layout for the absolute
      > beginner''(see : http://users.iafrica.com/c/ca/caroper/tutorial/)
      > a Z scale layout. Is it possible. Can somebody help me . . .
      >
      > Michel Dufault

      Hi Michel,

      Of course it is possible, even easy to convert the tutorial layout to
      Z. You can build your Z version to the same dimensions along the
      same track plan if you like. The running distance will be increased
      and you'll have more space for buildings, scenery etc. Or you can
      scale the layout dimensions to Z from N. Take the measurements and
      multiply by 160/220 or 72% of the original. The 36" x 60" layout
      will measure 26" x 43" in Z. You can even round this out to 24" x
      48" if necessary to build your layout on a single width of extruded
      polystyrene insulation board which is 24" wide.

      Have fun no matter what approach you take. The tutorial will provide
      you with all the information you need concering wiring, building,
      track laying, scenery etc.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey