Re: minimum curve radius for ICE/TEE?

  • randylils
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2002
      --- In z_scale@y..., "malleus12345" <zscale@s...> wrote:
      > Someone years ago told me where to look this up, but
      > I'm sorry I've lost it.
      >
      > I am designing a layout that I hope will eventually
      > also run an ICE or TEE. I know that they won't go
      > around 8510 curves. What about 8531's and 8520's?
      >
      > I have looked in my Maerklin catalogues but can't
      > find this information there.
      >
      > Thank you!
      I have an ICE train that easly goes aronund 8520 and 8530 curves. I
      have not tried it on the 8510 curves. I have a few of those. One is
      going into the container terminal the other is at the end of the yard
      drill track. My ICE trains would never go on those tracks.
      Now if only I could get them to RUN! I have 2 trains the older demo
      models they operate but need to warm up for about 5 minutes before
      they move with any speed. My Ice 3 train seems to have contact
      problems it hits curve and stops. I touch it and it goes halty arond
      the curve.

      I have TEE cars (not a train) they run nicly behind the 8854 e-loc.
      Randy