RE: [z_scale] 1:200 airplanes

  • Robert Allbritton
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2002
      Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

      For everyone else - check out www.airplaneshop.com for 1:200 planes - TONS
      available - but very few with landing gears....

      -Rob

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2002
        On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Robert Allbritton wrote:

        > Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

        http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700607119
      • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4, 2002
          To All,

          I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Tyrolean
          Dash-8 shown in the eBay as '1:200' is really 1:100
          scale. None of the "commuter planes" such as the
          Dash-8 were ever made in 1:200 scale by Long Prosper.
          I would hate for you to get it and be sorely
          disappointed. Thanks,

          Will
          --- Ashley Campbell <awc2@...> wrote:
          > On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Robert
          > Allbritton wrote:
          >
          > > Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

          http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700607119

          =====
          WILLIAM BROCK

          http://auctions.yahoo.com
        • Ashley Campbell
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2002
            On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 03:45 PM, WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
            wrote:

            > I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Tyrolean
            > Dash-8 shown in the eBay as '1:200' is really 1:100
            > scale. None of the "commuter planes" such as the
            > Dash-8 were ever made in 1:200 scale by Long Prosper.
            > I would hate for you to get it and be sorely
            > disappointed. Thanks,

            That is disappointing. Better, I guess, than getting a giant airplane in
            the mail, though.

            I just e-mailed the seller about the typo.

            -awc
          • Robert Allbritton
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2002
              Will,

              Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been looking for
              commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...

              -Rob

              --- Ashley Campbell <awc2@...> wrote:
              > On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Robert
              > Allbritton wrote:
              >
              > > Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

              http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700607119

              =====
              WILLIAM BROCK

              http://auctions.yahoo.com

            • ddechamp71
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2002
                --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                > Will,
                >
                > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
                looking for
                > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
                >
                > -Rob

                BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
                Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
                200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
                Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
                and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
                a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
                shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
                Cheers
                Dominique

              • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2002
                  Dear friends of scale Z,

                  planes on a scale Z layout are fine. I was searching also for a long time to get
                  them. I was only succesfull to get a helicopter in this size. And this little
                  piece is now sitting on my layout and is whirling its rotor blades.

                  But I have some problems when I read that some of us are glad to get the big
                  commuter planes like the B 474, Airbus a 300 or the Tristar.
                  Boys, these are huge planes! In scale Z the B 474 has a span of nearly one feet
                  and a lenght of 12 1/2 inch!!
                  This is far to much for my layout. Actually it covers one quarter of it!
                  I am looking for the smaller civil aviation planes like the Learjets or Cessnas.
                  Has anybody an idea where to get these aircrafts?

                  Greetings

                  Dieter

                  ddechamp71 schrieb:
                  > --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                  > > Will,
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
                  > looking for
                  > > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
                  > >
                  > > -Rob
                  >
                  > BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
                  > Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
                  > 200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
                  > Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
                  > and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
                  > a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
                  > shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
                  > Cheers
                  > Dominique

                  Dieter W. Nolte
                  E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
                • RSmidt@mindspring.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 7, 2002
                    Dieter,

                    I totally agree with you about about large planes versus small planes. A few months ago, before I got my first z-train, I was looking for some N-scale small aircraft and found a few diecast toys that worked well. I also found one that was too small for N scale and might be Z (or close). I can't remember if it was a Lear Jet or a Cessna Citation Jet. I'll have to go back and try to find it again. It came in a set that had 2 of these jets and some other aircraft that were the wrong size and all cost about $20 US. For your Texas layout, you might try Hasegawa's DC-3 in 1/200th.

                    I was curious about the helicopter on your layout. I couldn't quite make out what it is from the pictures on the website. Maybe a UH-60 or an S-58? Is it a toy? I just purchased a bunch of the Revell 1/220th helicopters and plan on repainting them in Swiss Rega air rescue service and German ADAC colors. I'll have to try the aquarium pump trick.

                    Randy Smidt

                    ddechamp71 schrieb:

                    > --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Will,
                    >

                    > > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
                    >
                    > looking for
                    >
                    > > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
                    >

                    > > -Rob
                    >

                    > BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
                    >
                    > Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
                    >
                    > 200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
                    >
                    > Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
                    >
                    > and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
                    >
                    > a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
                    >
                    > shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
                    >
                    > Cheers
                    >
                    > Dominique

                    Dieter W. Nolte

                    E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 8, 2002
                      Dear Randy,

                      thank you very much for your info. But even a DC-3 is far to large for my
                      layout.

                      The Helicopter on my layout is a Russian MIL Mi-28 Havoc from the Revell
                      mini-kit line, remodelled somewhat for civil use and repainted in the colours of
                      my company. As I figured out by comparing the model sizes of this line with the
                      dimensions of the prototypes, this is the only helicopter of this line which
                      somewhat is matching the 1:220 scale.
                      And I also do have a nice story how a Russian Heli is getting to Texas.
                      Well, after the wall came down and the Russian army retreated from Germany,
                      every thing of their equipment was for sale at bargain prizes. So, I got 2 helis
                      (one for canibalizing for spare parts) for a very competitive price even taking
                      into account the shipping cost to Texas where I use them as company heli for my
                      oil company. :-))
                      All the helicopters of this line have a different scale. Regardsless of their
                      original size, they are reduced to a scale to fit the sales package! So you
                      have models in N scale (Agusta A-109 KM) for example. But this model may be used
                      also for scale Z, if you are tolerant.
                      However these models are nice and if you are not so eager to match exactly the
                      scale you will enjoy the models.

                      regards

                      Dieter

                      Dieter W. Nolte
                      E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
                    • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 11, 2002
                        Randy,

                        Where did you purchased the Revell 1/220th
                        helicopters? And I have also been looking for a
                        business jet(s) like the Learjet or Gulf jet or
                        Citation jet. If you remember or find these please
                        let me know off line. I would love to get my hands on
                        some myself. Thanks,

                        Will

                        === message truncated ===

                        =====