1:200 airplanes

  • Ashley Campbell
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4 7:31 AM
      For those who are interested in the ships, there are also a _lot_ of
      airplanes available for an airport scene. I just got what seems to be a
      nice-looking Lufthansa Airbus for about $15 (incl. shipping.) There are
      even Russian Tupolevs available.

      -awc
    • ahellary@nccnet.co.uk
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4 7:44 AM
        where from .... thay available on line?

        Tony

        > For those who are interested in the ships, there are also a _lot_
        of
        > airplanes available for an airport scene. I just got what seems to
        be a
        > nice-looking Lufthansa Airbus for about $15 (incl. shipping.) There
        are
        > even Russian Tupolevs available.
        >
        > -awc

        ~-->
        > Get your FREE credit report with a FREE CreditCheck
        > Monitoring Service trial
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/4O6tlB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ashley Campbell
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4 7:45 AM
          On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 10:44 AM, ahellary@... wrote:

          > where from .... thay available on line?
          > Tony

          Sorry -- I meant to mention that they're on eBay. Do a search for 1:200,
          and you'll get a lot of results.

          There are even a couple of SwissAir jets and a Tyrolean airlines Dash 8.

          -awc

          >> For those who are interested in the ships, there are also a _lot_
          > of
          >> airplanes available for an airport scene. I just got what seems to
          > be a
          >> nice-looking Lufthansa Airbus for about $15 (incl. shipping.) There
          > are
          >> even Russian Tupolevs available.
          >>
          >> -awc
          >>

          >> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------
          > ~-->
          >> Get your FREE credit report with a FREE CreditCheck
          >> Monitoring Service trial
          >> http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/4O6tlB/TM
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Robert Allbritton
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4 8:07 AM
            Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

            For everyone else - check out www.airplaneshop.com for 1:200 planes - TONS
            available - but very few with landing gears....

            -Rob

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4 8:32 AM
              On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Robert Allbritton wrote:

              > Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

              http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700607119
            • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4 12:45 PM
                To All,

                I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Tyrolean
                Dash-8 shown in the eBay as '1:200' is really 1:100
                scale. None of the "commuter planes" such as the
                Dash-8 were ever made in 1:200 scale by Long Prosper.
                I would hate for you to get it and be sorely
                disappointed. Thanks,

                Will
                --- Ashley Campbell <awc2@...> wrote:
                > On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Robert
                > Allbritton wrote:
                >
                > > Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

                http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700607119

                =====
                WILLIAM BROCK

                http://auctions.yahoo.com
              • Ashley Campbell
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 4 12:51 PM
                  On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 03:45 PM, WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
                  wrote:

                  > I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Tyrolean
                  > Dash-8 shown in the eBay as '1:200' is really 1:100
                  > scale. None of the "commuter planes" such as the
                  > Dash-8 were ever made in 1:200 scale by Long Prosper.
                  > I would hate for you to get it and be sorely
                  > disappointed. Thanks,

                  That is disappointing. Better, I guess, than getting a giant airplane in
                  the mail, though.

                  I just e-mailed the seller about the typo.

                  -awc
                • Robert Allbritton
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5 8:07 AM
                    Will,

                    Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been looking for
                    commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...

                    -Rob

                    --- Ashley Campbell <awc2@...> wrote:
                    > On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 11:07 AM, Robert
                    > Allbritton wrote:
                    >
                    > > Where did you find the Tyrolean Dash-8????

                    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700607119

                    =====
                    WILLIAM BROCK

                    http://auctions.yahoo.com

                  • ddechamp71
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5 4:28 PM
                      --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                      > Will,
                      >
                      > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
                      looking for
                      > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
                      >
                      > -Rob

                      BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
                      Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
                      200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
                      Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
                      and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
                      a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
                      shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
                      Cheers
                      Dominique

                    • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 6 4:11 PM
                        Dear friends of scale Z,

                        planes on a scale Z layout are fine. I was searching also for a long time to get
                        them. I was only succesfull to get a helicopter in this size. And this little
                        piece is now sitting on my layout and is whirling its rotor blades.

                        But I have some problems when I read that some of us are glad to get the big
                        commuter planes like the B 474, Airbus a 300 or the Tristar.
                        Boys, these are huge planes! In scale Z the B 474 has a span of nearly one feet
                        and a lenght of 12 1/2 inch!!
                        This is far to much for my layout. Actually it covers one quarter of it!
                        I am looking for the smaller civil aviation planes like the Learjets or Cessnas.
                        Has anybody an idea where to get these aircrafts?

                        Greetings

                        Dieter

                        ddechamp71 schrieb:
                        > --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                        > > Will,
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
                        > looking for
                        > > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
                        > >
                        > > -Rob
                        >
                        > BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
                        > Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
                        > 200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
                        > Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
                        > and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
                        > a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
                        > shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
                        > Cheers
                        > Dominique

                        Dieter W. Nolte
                        E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
                      • RSmidt@mindspring.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 7 10:01 AM
                          Dieter,

                          I totally agree with you about about large planes versus small planes. A few months ago, before I got my first z-train, I was looking for some N-scale small aircraft and found a few diecast toys that worked well. I also found one that was too small for N scale and might be Z (or close). I can't remember if it was a Lear Jet or a Cessna Citation Jet. I'll have to go back and try to find it again. It came in a set that had 2 of these jets and some other aircraft that were the wrong size and all cost about $20 US. For your Texas layout, you might try Hasegawa's DC-3 in 1/200th.

                          I was curious about the helicopter on your layout. I couldn't quite make out what it is from the pictures on the website. Maybe a UH-60 or an S-58? Is it a toy? I just purchased a bunch of the Revell 1/220th helicopters and plan on repainting them in Swiss Rega air rescue service and German ADAC colors. I'll have to try the aquarium pump trick.

                          Randy Smidt

                          ddechamp71 schrieb:

                          > --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Will,
                          >

                          > > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
                          >
                          > looking for
                          >
                          > > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
                          >

                          > > -Rob
                          >

                          > BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
                          >
                          > Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
                          >
                          > 200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
                          >
                          > Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
                          >
                          > and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
                          >
                          > a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
                          >
                          > shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
                          >
                          > Cheers
                          >
                          > Dominique

                          Dieter W. Nolte

                          E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 8 2:55 PM
                            Dear Randy,

                            thank you very much for your info. But even a DC-3 is far to large for my
                            layout.

                            The Helicopter on my layout is a Russian MIL Mi-28 Havoc from the Revell
                            mini-kit line, remodelled somewhat for civil use and repainted in the colours of
                            my company. As I figured out by comparing the model sizes of this line with the
                            dimensions of the prototypes, this is the only helicopter of this line which
                            somewhat is matching the 1:220 scale.
                            And I also do have a nice story how a Russian Heli is getting to Texas.
                            Well, after the wall came down and the Russian army retreated from Germany,
                            every thing of their equipment was for sale at bargain prizes. So, I got 2 helis
                            (one for canibalizing for spare parts) for a very competitive price even taking
                            into account the shipping cost to Texas where I use them as company heli for my
                            oil company. :-))
                            All the helicopters of this line have a different scale. Regardsless of their
                            original size, they are reduced to a scale to fit the sales package! So you
                            have models in N scale (Agusta A-109 KM) for example. But this model may be used
                            also for scale Z, if you are tolerant.
                            However these models are nice and if you are not so eager to match exactly the
                            scale you will enjoy the models.

                            regards

                            Dieter

                            Dieter W. Nolte
                            E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
                          • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 11 7:11 AM
                              Randy,

                              Where did you purchased the Revell 1/220th
                              helicopters? And I have also been looking for a
                              business jet(s) like the Learjet or Gulf jet or
                              Citation jet. If you remember or find these please
                              let me know off line. I would love to get my hands on
                              some myself. Thanks,

                              Will

                              === message truncated ===

                              =====