Re: [z_scale] Is it just me or what???

  • tony
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
      what item was it?
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "SecondhandMarklin.com" <secondhandmarklin@...>
      To: "*Z_scale" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 12:26 AM
      Subject: [z_scale] Is it just me or what???

      > Hi Gang,
      >
      > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
      > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
      > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
      > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
      >
      > Ebay is of little help in these situations. Their claim process takes
      > about 30 days just to get your listing fee back. You can't post
      > negative feedback against the bidder because he can vindictively
      > retaliate and place unwarranted negative feedback on your account, and
      > ebay won't remove it.
      >
      > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??
      >
      > Bill
      >

      > =====
      > http://SecondhandMarklin.com
      > -Sell Your Excess Marklin FAST and for FREE-
      >

      > .

    • emato
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
        Hi,

        Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid :-)

        emato

        > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
        > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
        > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
        > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
        >
        > Ebay is of little help in these situations. Their claim process takes
        > about 30 days just to get your listing fee back. You can't post
        > negative feedback against the bidder because he can vindictively
        > retaliate and place unwarranted negative feedback on your account, and
        > ebay won't remove it.
        >
        > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??
        >
        > Bill
        >

        > =====
        > http://SecondhandMarklin.com
        > -Sell Your Excess Marklin FAST and for FREE-
        >

        > .

      • zscalehobo
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
          The Marklin 3370 is the ICE train...

          Bill, your best bet is to just go through
          the motions with ebay...
          1. Non-paying bidder alert form (after 7 days but before
          45)
          2. Then after 10 days of non-paying bidder alert, you
          request your final value fee (but your listing fee
          will NEVER be refunded).

          Usually what I do is ask the winning bidder to at least
          pay the listing fee, which in your case is roughly $2.20,
          or else threaten to give him a negative feedback.

          As long as you have tried your best, what can you do? If
          he gives a retaliatory remark, people can look at your
          feedback and see your track record. Look at mine, I just
          got a negative about 2 months ago, despite my every effort
          to please the person involved.

          Frank Daniels
          z.scale.hobo

          --- In z_scale@y..., "emato" <emato@b...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track
          auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to
          the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids
          - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid
          :-)

          > emato

        • tony
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
            surly threatening to leave negative feed back is against ebays rules ... as
            any threatening is

            Tony
            > Bill, your best bet is to just go through
            > the motions with ebay...
            > 1. Non-paying bidder alert form (after 7 days but before
            > 45)
            > 2. Then after 10 days of non-paying bidder alert, you
            > request your final value fee (but your listing fee
            > will NEVER be refunded).
            >
            > Usually what I do is ask the winning bidder to at least
            > pay the listing fee, which in your case is roughly $2.20,
            > or else threaten to give him a negative feedback.
            >
            > As long as you have tried your best, what can you do? If
            > he gives a retaliatory remark, people can look at your
            > feedback and see your track record. Look at mine, I just
            > got a negative about 2 months ago, despite my every effort
            > to please the person involved.
            >
            > Frank Daniels
            > z.scale.hobo
            >
            > --- In z_scale@y..., "emato" <emato@b...> wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track
            > auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to
            > the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids
            > - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid
            > :-)
            > >
            > > emato

          • zscalehobo
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
              When I miss a credit card payment, I get
              a letter threatening to ruin my credit
              rating.

              :)

              FD

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • SecondhandMarklin.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
                FD wrote:
                When I miss a credit card payment, I get
                a letter threatening to ruin my credit
                rating.
                :)
                FD
                - - - - - -

                Hi FD,

                But this turkey can make his ebay history disappear in a heart beat by
                changing his ID. You do not have the same option with your credit
                history.

                Bill

                =====
                http://SecondhandMarklin.com
                -Sell Your Used Marklin and LGB--FAST and for FREE-

                .

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
              • Bim Bousman
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 8, 2002
                  I recently changed my eBay ID from my email address to my name...
                  bim_bousman.

                  My eBay history did NOT disappear.

                  (However I could have easily made my eBay history disappear by changing my
                  userid with my ISP and then re-registering at eBay with the new id...

                  Bim Bousman

                  Subject: Re: Is it just me or what???