Re: [z_scale] Is it just me or what???

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
      And don't forget to let us know the ebay bidders handle so we can disallow
      bids from it.

      I HATE that.

      > Hi Gang,
      >
      > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
      > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
      > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
      > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
      > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??

      I'd try to contact the next highest bidder that still wants the item.
      See if they will deal privately by-passing eBay altogether and collect
      your credit as well for the inconvenience you have endured.
    • tony
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
        what item was it?
        > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
        > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
        > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
        > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
        >
        > Ebay is of little help in these situations. Their claim process takes
        > about 30 days just to get your listing fee back. You can't post
        > negative feedback against the bidder because he can vindictively
        > retaliate and place unwarranted negative feedback on your account, and
        > ebay won't remove it.
        >
        > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??
        >
        > Bill
        >

        > =====
        > http://SecondhandMarklin.com
        > -Sell Your Excess Marklin FAST and for FREE-
        >

        > .

      • emato
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
          Hi,

          Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid :-)

          emato

          > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
          > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
          > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
          > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
          >
          > Ebay is of little help in these situations. Their claim process takes
          > about 30 days just to get your listing fee back. You can't post
          > negative feedback against the bidder because he can vindictively
          > retaliate and place unwarranted negative feedback on your account, and
          > ebay won't remove it.
          >
          > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??
          >
          > Bill
          >

          > =====
          > http://SecondhandMarklin.com
          > -Sell Your Excess Marklin FAST and for FREE-
          >

          > .

        • zscalehobo
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
            The Marklin 3370 is the ICE train...

            Bill, your best bet is to just go through
            the motions with ebay...
            1. Non-paying bidder alert form (after 7 days but before
            45)
            2. Then after 10 days of non-paying bidder alert, you
            request your final value fee (but your listing fee
            will NEVER be refunded).

            Usually what I do is ask the winning bidder to at least
            pay the listing fee, which in your case is roughly $2.20,
            or else threaten to give him a negative feedback.

            As long as you have tried your best, what can you do? If
            he gives a retaliatory remark, people can look at your
            feedback and see your track record. Look at mine, I just
            got a negative about 2 months ago, despite my every effort
            to please the person involved.

            Frank Daniels
            z.scale.hobo

            --- In z_scale@y..., "emato" <emato@b...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track
            auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to
            the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids
            - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid
            :-)

            > emato

          • tony
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
              surly threatening to leave negative feed back is against ebays rules ... as
              any threatening is

              Tony
              > Bill, your best bet is to just go through
              > the motions with ebay...
              > 1. Non-paying bidder alert form (after 7 days but before
              > 45)
              > 2. Then after 10 days of non-paying bidder alert, you
              > request your final value fee (but your listing fee
              > will NEVER be refunded).
              >
              > Usually what I do is ask the winning bidder to at least
              > pay the listing fee, which in your case is roughly $2.20,
              > or else threaten to give him a negative feedback.
              >
              > As long as you have tried your best, what can you do? If
              > he gives a retaliatory remark, people can look at your
              > feedback and see your track record. Look at mine, I just
              > got a negative about 2 months ago, despite my every effort
              > to please the person involved.
              >
              > Frank Daniels
              > z.scale.hobo
              >
              > --- In z_scale@y..., "emato" <emato@b...> wrote:
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track
              > auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to
              > the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids
              > - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid
              > :-)
              > >
              > > emato

            • zscalehobo
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
                When I miss a credit card payment, I get
                a letter threatening to ruin my credit
                rating.

                :)

                FD

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • SecondhandMarklin.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
                  FD wrote:
                  When I miss a credit card payment, I get
                  a letter threatening to ruin my credit
                  rating.
                  :)
                  FD
                  - - - - - -

                  Hi FD,

                  But this turkey can make his ebay history disappear in a heart beat by
                  changing his ID. You do not have the same option with your credit
                  history.

                  Bill

                  =====
                  http://SecondhandMarklin.com
                  -Sell Your Used Marklin and LGB--FAST and for FREE-

                  .

                  http://greetings.yahoo.com
                • Bim Bousman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 8, 2002
                    I recently changed my eBay ID from my email address to my name...
                    bim_bousman.

                    My eBay history did NOT disappear.

                    (However I could have easily made my eBay history disappear by changing my
                    userid with my ISP and then re-registering at eBay with the new id...

                    Bim Bousman

                    Subject: Re: Is it just me or what???