Re: [z_scale] Is it just me or what???

  • Bob Byrne
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
      > Hi Gang,
      >
      > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
      > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
      > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
      > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
      > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??

      I'd try to contact the next highest bidder that still wants the item.
      See if they will deal privately by-passing eBay altogether and collect
      your credit as well for the inconvenience you have endured.

      --
      Regards, Bob
    • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
        And don't forget to let us know the ebay bidders handle so we can disallow
        bids from it.

        I HATE that.

        > Hi Gang,
        >
        > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
        > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
        > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
        > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
        > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??

        I'd try to contact the next highest bidder that still wants the item.
        See if they will deal privately by-passing eBay altogether and collect
        your credit as well for the inconvenience you have endured.
      • tony
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
          what item was it?
          > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
          > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
          > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
          > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
          >
          > Ebay is of little help in these situations. Their claim process takes
          > about 30 days just to get your listing fee back. You can't post
          > negative feedback against the bidder because he can vindictively
          > retaliate and place unwarranted negative feedback on your account, and
          > ebay won't remove it.
          >
          > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??
          >
          > Bill
          >

          > =====
          > http://SecondhandMarklin.com
          > -Sell Your Excess Marklin FAST and for FREE-
          >

          > .

        • emato
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
            Hi,

            Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid :-)

            emato

            > Today, for the second time in two months I had the high bidder on an
            > item I had listed on ebay (Marklin 3370) not honor his bid. The guy
            > bid on the item 4 times and then when he won it just decided he did not
            > want it? he send me an e-mail saying 'I decided I don't want it'.
            >
            > Ebay is of little help in these situations. Their claim process takes
            > about 30 days just to get your listing fee back. You can't post
            > negative feedback against the bidder because he can vindictively
            > retaliate and place unwarranted negative feedback on your account, and
            > ebay won't remove it.
            >
            > Any suggestions on how to handle a situation like this??
            >
            > Bill
            >

            > =====
            > http://SecondhandMarklin.com
            > -Sell Your Excess Marklin FAST and for FREE-
            >

            > .

          • zscalehobo
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
              The Marklin 3370 is the ICE train...

              Bill, your best bet is to just go through
              the motions with ebay...
              1. Non-paying bidder alert form (after 7 days but before
              45)
              2. Then after 10 days of non-paying bidder alert, you
              request your final value fee (but your listing fee
              will NEVER be refunded).

              Usually what I do is ask the winning bidder to at least
              pay the listing fee, which in your case is roughly $2.20,
              or else threaten to give him a negative feedback.

              As long as you have tried your best, what can you do? If
              he gives a retaliatory remark, people can look at your
              feedback and see your track record. Look at mine, I just
              got a negative about 2 months ago, despite my every effort
              to please the person involved.

              Frank Daniels
              z.scale.hobo

              --- In z_scale@y..., "emato" <emato@b...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track
              auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to
              the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids
              - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid
              :-)

              > emato

            • tony
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
                surly threatening to leave negative feed back is against ebays rules ... as
                any threatening is

                Tony
                > Bill, your best bet is to just go through
                > the motions with ebay...
                > 1. Non-paying bidder alert form (after 7 days but before
                > 45)
                > 2. Then after 10 days of non-paying bidder alert, you
                > request your final value fee (but your listing fee
                > will NEVER be refunded).
                >
                > Usually what I do is ask the winning bidder to at least
                > pay the listing fee, which in your case is roughly $2.20,
                > or else threaten to give him a negative feedback.
                >
                > As long as you have tried your best, what can you do? If
                > he gives a retaliatory remark, people can look at your
                > feedback and see your track record. Look at mine, I just
                > got a negative about 2 months ago, despite my every effort
                > to please the person involved.
                >
                > Frank Daniels
                > z.scale.hobo
                >
                > --- In z_scale@y..., "emato" <emato@b...> wrote:
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > Not any help here but just curious -- it was the big lot of track
                > auction was it? If so, I had been right in there bidding right up to
                > the end and was outbid just at the end -- there were quite a few bids
                > - over 25 I think. If so ... I'd be happy to take it at my last bid
                > :-)
                > >
                > > emato

              • zscalehobo
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
                  When I miss a credit card payment, I get
                  a letter threatening to ruin my credit
                  rating.

                  :)

                  FD

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • SecondhandMarklin.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
                    FD wrote:
                    When I miss a credit card payment, I get
                    a letter threatening to ruin my credit
                    rating.
                    :)
                    FD
                    - - - - - -

                    Hi FD,

                    But this turkey can make his ebay history disappear in a heart beat by
                    changing his ID. You do not have the same option with your credit
                    history.

                    Bill

                    =====
                    http://SecondhandMarklin.com
                    -Sell Your Used Marklin and LGB--FAST and for FREE-

                    .

                    http://greetings.yahoo.com
                  • Bim Bousman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 8, 2002
                      I recently changed my eBay ID from my email address to my name...
                      bim_bousman.

                      My eBay history did NOT disappear.

                      (However I could have easily made my eBay history disappear by changing my
                      userid with my ISP and then re-registering at eBay with the new id...

                      Bim Bousman

                      Subject: Re: Is it just me or what???