Another photo

  • Will (dayglowill)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2002
      Hi folks,

      I've uploaded another photo of my layout:

      dnm=Will02.jpg

      (I've changed the name of my folder to remove spaces so I'm hoping this link
      will work)

      The baseboard has been primed in dark green (with a few markings painted on
      when I was working out where the scenery will go).

      The track was laid on 1/16" cork roadbed cut from a sheet using a craft
      knife, not a method I would recommend but I had the time to get the job done
      and no mat cutter, methinks I'll acquire one before I build the next layout.

      Ballasting was done using flock as most of the stone ballast I've seen
      looks, to my eye at least, like dirty great boulders in Z scale. While I'm
      fairly pleased with the result, and it looks good at normal viewing
      distances, I can't deny that up close it looks like, well... flock. I've
      been wondering about alternatives, has anyone got any suggestions?

      I've made a start on ground cover and painted the depot that came with the
      Burlington Route set.

      Finally the blue backdrop and the station platform are just temporary
      placeholders.

      All the best,
      Will.
    • dayglowill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., "Will \(dayglowill\)" <palm3e@l...> wrote:

        > I've uploaded another photo of my layout:
        > (I've changed the name of my folder to remove spaces so I'm hoping
        this link
        > will work)
        It doesn't so:
        folder is Willslayout