Re: [z_scale] Airbrush Help Looking to purchase

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      I recently got a good deal at Micro Mark.

      A compressor and an Aztek A4709 (Considered top of line) for 200 bux.

      Don't know how to use it yet, but it came with a neat video that shows you
      quite a bit.

      "Keith Webb"
      <klwinternet@houst To: "z_scale@yahoogroups.com" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      on.rr.com> cc:
      Subject: [z_scale] Airbrush Help Looking to purchase
      12/30/2001 05:30
      PM
      Please respond to
      z_scale

      I am looking into purchasing an airbrush and really do not know what to
      buy.
      I have only used a cheap TestorĀ¹s several years ago and really did not like
      the results. You pay for what you get.

      I would like to hear from you if you have experience in with airbrushes.
      If
      so what make and model are you using and how well to you like it.

      Doing a little research online I see there are many options and
      accessories.

      What do you recommend:
      Gravity or Siphon fed?
      Internal or External mix?
      Single or Dual action?
      What are the good brands?
      What are the recommended models within the brand chosen?
      Is the use of and air can OK to use to start with? Compressors are very
      expensive and I really do not have lots to airbrush at this time, let alone
      the budget! I understand that the the work may not be the highest quality
      but will the can still work.
      If you do recommend a compressor which one and what pressure rating is
      required for the brush?

      Thank you for all your help,

      Keith Webb
      klwinternet@...