#8946 Manual Signal Switch

  • kianholstead
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
      To the entire group,

      Does anyone know of an alternative to the 8946? I need 3 and am not
      looking forward to paying Marklin prices! Radio Shack or home-made
      wiring diagrams????

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Happy New Year Z00Z!!

      Kian
    • jeremypbrandon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., "kianholstead" <kianholstead@y...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know of an alternative to the 8946? I need 3 and am not
        > looking forward to paying Marklin prices! Radio Shack or home-made
        > wiring diagrams????

        It's just a switch with 2 "make" contacts and 1 "changeover". It can
        be used to control an isolating section in front of a signal:
        the "changeover" switches between signal red/green and one "make"
        connects the isolated section to the rest of the track at green. Any
        2, 3 or 4 pole changeover switch would do the same.

        Hope that helps. Jeremy.