Re: [z_scale] Cleaning Pads, New Formula?

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2001
      I use medical ones...they are alcohol disinfectant pads....not pads
      really...just strong paper or cloth saturated with alcohol....they work
      well. you go through a ton of them, though.

    • uptoolateny
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2001
        Ted,

        The thing I really liked about these pads is that they were foam with very tiny cells. They'd never leave behind any lint. I'll have to hit the local
        drugstores soon for another look to see what's available.

        John
        http://www.ztrains.com
        Exploring Basic Z Scale Ideas

        --- In z_scale@y..., ted_lamar@p... wrote:

        > I use medical ones...they are alcohol disinfectant pads....not pads
        > really...just strong paper or cloth saturated with alcohol....they work
        > well. you go through a ton of them, though.

      • Wild Zontar
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2001
          Hi John,

          Why don't you contact the company and find out what happened? If they have
          changed them, let them know that you're dissatisfied with the change
          they've made to their product. On the other hand, maybe you just got a bad
          batch of pads and they'll make good on it. Either way, you have nothing to
          lose.

          Greg

          At 20:53 12/29/2001 -0000, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          >
          >Awhile back I posted this picture:

          >and suggested these pads as a handy, inexpensive method of cleaning light
          dirt / oil off of track. I just bought a couple of packages and it seems this
          >company has changed the pad somehow. These used to be firm enough so you
          could apply enough gentle pressure to clean the rails while staying
          >above the ballast. This new forumal pad is really soft, not firm at all.
          By the time you apply enough downward pressure, the center of the section is