Tailex Spur "WZ"

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2001
      I was just digging around....doing some shopping for ...... uhhh... me...

      And I came across this...Has anyone heard of the 1/900 WZ items from
      Railex...and if so - do they run or are they displays....sound interesting.

      http://www.discount-train.com/trains/railex/railex_z_1.html
    • duke beattie
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2001
        Look at these pages.
        dcb

        http://www.tinytrains.qpg.com/
        http://home.att.net/~Berliner-Ultrasonics/zscale_z.html#1:900
        http://www.lilliputmotorcompany.com/index_frm.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
          Hallo Ted!

          I saw one in display.
          The trains run between two sheets of plastic. (You can see them on
          the last photo of http://www.tinytrains.qpg.com/ - but in reality
          they are much more visible, and distroy all illusion.) Trains are
          attached to a string, so they all run the same speed and direction.
          This limits size and operation. The layouts come ready assembled,
          structures may be added.
          It's an eye-catcher, especially for non-modellers. The size is
          amazing - but also limiting: the ICE looks ugly, because the
          smoothness of the prototype is not caught by the modell. But the
          other trains would do.
          The presented layout was a "8" about 1' long, which was good enough
          for a staight track running through the landscape.

          I'll stick to Z.
          Sönke