Re: Layout problem and Railex.

  • M. Gottschalch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2000
      Hi Steve,

      First check the rail joiners right where the engine stops. If there is a
      black plastic joiner there instead of two metal ones then the engine is
      stopping because there is no juice there. Since you say there are a lot
      of turnouts there then the builder may have wired things so that when a
      turnout is in one direction there is no juice on the track in the other
      direction. Or the builder may have wired it so that you need extra
      switches on the control board to send the juice past the plastic
      connectors to the dead section of track. See if you can look at the
      bottom of the layout and draw a diagram of the wires and where they all
      run to, also draw a diagram of the layout with particular attention to
      where all the plastic seperators are, and where all the wires from the
      transformers connect. It would be realy great if you could talk to the
      builder to find out how he had things going or if he didn't finish it
      what he had invisioned the connections would be.

      I don't know what the Glaskasten would be worth, but out of curiosity I
      have to ask how much you want for it. I have a very tiny motor that is
      just begging to be used for something like that.

      When you get the drawings of the layout wireing and connectors and all,
      if you canscan them then send them to me as a JPG picture attached to an
      email. If not then just send a copy by snail mail.
      --
      Manfred