Re: Psuedo-catenary?

  • narrowgauge@isbjorn.proceon.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
      You might check out this months Railmodel Journal, it contains an
      article on someone who created HO catenary for his Bachmann Acela
      train:

      http://www.railmodeljournal.com/nov2site/Pages/nov2content.html
      (this is only a description of the article, you have to buy the
      magazine to get the article)

      Also, if you are interested in building NA proto from scratch; a
      pretty good reference for the types/styles of catenary used in the
      MidWest/Northwest is the hardcover book "Milwaukee Electrics" by
      Hundman Publishing. Apparently, there was quite a variety of "poles"
      used in the early days (including what looks to be just plain old
      telegraph style poles) The book also contains a quite detailed
      appendix with detailed drawings and diagrams of catenary work,
      substations and loco specs (some loco builders drawings are scattered
      throughout the text). This book is a gem for anyway who wants a good
      reference on electrics. Of course, once you pick it up you might feel
      the need to scratchbuild a Little Joe in Z.

      G. Beckman