The pest is back... What are these Railex?

  • tbucy@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
      Hi all,

      Sorry to bug everyone again. Feel like a little kid asking all these questions
      I have uncovered a couple of odd locos. They are both very small (shorter
      than the 0-6-0 tenderloc) and appear to be toys. They have no motor and roll
      freely. They are very detailed, probably better then the Marklin locos. One is
      a very old looking steamer with 4 wheels and the other is a very odd 4 wheel
      steamer that looks like a box. The cab seems to take up almost the entire body.
      They both say Railex on the bottom. Are these toys, display pieces, decorations
      for a layout, collector items? Please email if you have any information on these.

      Thanks,

      Steve Bucy
    • Ztrack@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
        Steve,

        These are Railex items and are on the valuable side. Railex is a German
        manufacturer of high quality Z scale items. Many of their smaller locos are
        non-powered and employed a pusher loco (often hidden in a box car or
        passenger car body) to move the loco. The problem is that their items are
        often very hard to find. Only one dealer in the U.S. carried their line, and
        they have a hard time obtaining their pieces. Without seeing your pieces, I
        am not sure which ones they are, but they have a limited line so it would not
        be hard to track down the item name and release date.

        Rob Kluz
        Ztrack Magazine
        <A HREF="http://www.ztrack.com">www.ztrack.com</A>