Toronto Xmas Train Show on Cover Page

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hi Gang,

      This week's cover page photo is in honor of the efforts of our fellow
      Z_Scale members who took Z scale model railroading outside the train room to
      the delight of coworkers and the general public during November, Model
      Railroading Month.

      Click on the thumbnail image to see the larger photo from
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale or click on the link below:

      *****
      Seeing the delight and wonder on the faces of young and old alike is what
      makes participating in a train show so enjoyable.

      Some of the more memorable moments of the Toronto Christmas Train Show were
      seeing the same kids returning 4 times to the layout during the day, the
      quiet woman who spent almost an hour looking at every detail of the layout
      (she never said a word but her face spoke volumes), and the tired adults who
      gladly accepted my offering of folding chairs while the VEC babysat their
      kids for as long as Mom, Dad, Uncle, Aunt, Gramma, Grandpa needed to rest
      up.

      Model railroading is a great hobby and Z scale is a great part of it. Try
      taking your Z to a train show and tell the world.

      *****

      Last week's cover featured a photo sent in by Rob Kluz, the editor and
      publisher of Ztrack Magazine of an American Z Lines PA in Pennsylvania RR
      colors complete with the roof mounted radio antenna.

      You can see all the preceding cover photos at:
      http://photos.yahoo.com/group/z_scale/lst

      ************
      As always, fellow Zealots, we are always happy to post your
      layout, model or diorama photos on the Z_Scale cover page.
      Upload them to the 'Files - CoverPhotos' section or send them
      to the listowner via email.

      Note: images may be cropped and reduced in resolution for
      faster uploading.

      Happy modeling,

      Jeffrey R. MacHan
      Chief Imagineer