A Quick MRC 2800 TidBit

  • jcubbin@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      I don't think this has been specifically covered before so...

      Several months ago I purchased an eBay MRC 2800, on the back of the unit it lists output for Cab-1 and Cab-2 at 10.6 VDC. I just received another
      2800 with the same power output rating. I remember hearing that these units were actually 14 VDC, so I just called MRC to see what was what.
      According to a sheet Tim at MRC read to me, it listed the 2800's output as both 10.6 VDC and 14 VDC. He said he'd check on that error an call me
      back.

      When he returned my call he said that the earlier MRC 2800's did in fact put out 10.6 VDC, with the later models going out at 14 VDC.

      Just thought I'd pass it along.

      John
      http://www.ztrains.com
      Exploring Basic Z Scale Ideas