Re: re a4 box layout help

  • td25scorpio@ntlworld.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
      given these dimensions, you are very limited.
      the smallest "set" track by marklin is an oval 14" x 12".thats using
      a marklin power feed track as well.
      the only other alternative is to sue flex track, and have very tight
      curves, but you will find the point of limitation very quickly
      depending on which loco you intend to use.
      as a suggestion, why not go for a briefcase size layout ?. this will
      certainly allow you more choice of track plans then.
      the Noch Briefcase layout measures some 18" x 14" and has a loop
      within a loop, with an internal siding as well.again, this utilises
      Marklins "Set" track pieces , or again, try flexi in tis dimension
      with a small 0-6-0 engine and you will have quite a wide choice of
      plans.
      if you want the briefcase layout trackplan let me know, and i wil
      mail it to you td25scorpio@ ntlworld.com (close the gap after
      the "@" symbol)
      regards
      simon