Re: [z_scale] INSIDER-Lok 2002

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2001
      Okay, you caught me. Yes, I was saw the post concerning the 2002 Insider Lok.
      If I read it correct, it is the 'Flying Hamburg" which happens to be one of
      the more famous historic trains of the German Rails. The Flying Hamburg is
      essentially a streamlined, 2 unit diesel railcar that could reach incredible
      speeds. It started running the rail in the 1930s I believe. Interesting
      enough, these railcars ran for many years and were seen in a variety of paint
      schemes. Later, additional cars were added to the consist. Half of one is
      preserved in the rail museum in Nürnberg.

      Heckl has made a variety of these. The one I have in the collection is purple
      and cream. The colors are very similar to the Rheingold colors. I love mine
      and if in fact Märklin will be coming out with one, I am eager to see it (and
      of course order one for comparison).

      Rob Kluz
      Your anxious Ztrack editor who can't wait to hear what Märklin has in store
      for 2002.

      Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016