RE: [z_scale] Hello!

  • Robert Allbritton
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 29, 2001
      Ashley,

      Always nice to see another Z scale Swiss fan!

      Best,
      -Rob

      (who, in a fit of insanity, decided it would be "fun" to model the entire
      Gotthard line in Z....)

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 29, 2001
        hi all

        im swiss and a bit of german on my fantasy line and dcc too :)

        Tony

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ~-->
        > Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
        > Refill any ink cartridge for less!
        > Includes black and color ink.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/gwUrIA/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/YSTolB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jeremy Brandon
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 29, 2001
          You might like to look at this picture of Manfred Joerger's Z-scale
          Landwasser Viaduct (2nd picture):
          http://www.eurospoor.nl/nl/bezoek/nieuws_jorger2001.html

          or this (1st picture):
          http://home.datacomm.ch/zettsiite/Goeppingen.html

          Best wishes, Jeremy Brandon (I help Manfred Joerger with the
          electronics for his layout; we are currently "on display" in Munich)
        • kim@blueneptune.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 29, 2001
            Jeremy,
            I just checked the pictures, it is unbelievable, it is awesome,
            amazing. Too real to be 1:220. The fine details are excellent.
            Congratulations on the layout. BTW how long did it take to make this
            layout?

            In this picture
            http://www.eurospoor.nl/nl/bezoek/jorger/4.jpg
            How did you do the smooth concrete looking ground with the ties on the
            tracks also covered. I would love to do something like this in my
            dream layout.

            I guess the layout also boasts on how much money one can put in such a
            small area.
            Regards
            Kim

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 29, 2001
              OK, those just look fantastic!

              I need to:

              1) Go work on my layout - VERY HARD
              -or-
              2) Go work on doctoring my photos of my layout, so they look as good.

              Decisions, decisions.... (grin)

              Best,
              -Rob

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 30, 2001
                Greetings,

                I, too, must join the admirers... These photos (and the depicted
                layouts) are simply fantastic. Actually, I had to look twice to
                convince myself it was actually Z-scale. Seeing these pictures
                made me realize I really must find a feasible way to get rid of
                these black boxes on the switches. Amazing.

                Cheers Gunnar, Gothenburg, Sweden.

                --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
                > OK, those just look fantastic!
                >
                > I need to:
                >
                > 1) Go work on my layout - VERY HARD
                > -or-
                > 2) Go work on doctoring my photos of my layout, so they look as
                good.

                > Decisions, decisions.... (grin)
                >
                > Best,
                > -Rob

              • Ashley Campbell
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 30, 2001
                  On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 04:35 AM, Gunnar Edebrant wrote:

                  > I, too, must join the admirers... These photos (and the depicted
                  > layouts) are simply fantastic. Actually, I had to look twice to
                  > convince myself it was actually Z-scale. Seeing these pictures
                  > made me realize I really must find a feasible way to get rid of
                  > these black boxes on the switches. Amazing.

                  I've been eyeing this page:

                  http://www.zscale.org/articles/undertable.html

                  It seems to have reasonable directions for modifying the turnouts, along
                  with some other helpful information.

                  -awc